Consider the following remedies:
- Wash your face. Washing your face is one of the first things you should do to combat itchy, swollen eyes, says Ogbogu.
- Rinse out the eyes.
- Apply a cold compress.
- Try allergy eye drops.
- Take oral medications or get allergy shots.
- Stay indoors.
In this regard, is clear eyes safe to use daily?
Is it safe to use "Redness Relief" drops regularly? The short answer is NO. Here's the slightly longer answer. There are several eye “Redness Relief” products on the OTC market (Visine, Clear Eyes, B&L advanced redness relief) including several generic versions sold by pharmacy chains.
What is watery eyes a symptom of?
Tear over-secretion is usually caused by irritation or inflammation of the surface of the eye. This can occur for a number of reasons, including eyelash and eyelid problems or allergies. Oddly, a dry eye problem can sometimes cause watery eyes, because the eye produces excess tears to combat the irritation and dryness.
Will Clear Eyes Help pink eye?
There are no cures for viral or allergic pinkeye. Bacterial pinkeye can often clear on its own, but antibiotic eye drops can speed up the healing process.
What are the best eye drops for dry eyes?
To help guide you through the maze of dry eye drops, we've created this list of the top five over-the-counter brands to keep an “eye” out for.
- GenTeal Gel for Severe Dry Eyes.
- Systane Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops.
- Refresh Tears Lubricant Eye Drops.
- Visine All Day Comfort Dry Eye Relief.