Is cashew butter healthier than peanut butter?
All of the fat in cashew butter is heart-healthy unsaturated fat, which is excellent news for anyone who enjoys the smooth, creamy taste as an alternative to peanut butter or conventional butter. Cashew butter contains about half the sugar of peanut butter and it frequently contains less additives.
Healthy fats. Both almond butter and peanut butter are high in monounsaturated fat, the type of fat linked to a reduction in heart disease and better blood sugar control. Nonetheless, a 2-tablespoon serving of almond butter contains roughly 25 percent more monounsaturated fat than the same amount of peanut butter.
- Peanuts. For one, peanuts are one of the most common food allergens. But even if you don't think you have a peanut allergy, peanuts contain naturally occurring molds that can trigger an immune response, which would then result in inflammation. The common fungi found on peanuts are called aflatoxins.
- It contains 25 percent protein, fiber and other carbohydrates in addition to fat. To effectively substitute peanut butter for butter in a recipe, first combine equal parts creamy peanut butter and oil; use the mixture cup for cup as you would use butter in cakes, muffins, cookies, brownies or quick breads.
- SunButter, however, won over tasters with a more mild taste. The texture isn't quite as creamy as peanut butter—it has a slightly more liquid quality that spreads easily—but it still tastes nicely roasted. "It has a nice deep flavor," says Christina, 17, a senior.
Almond butter is a good source of the healthy monounsaturated fats our bodies need. These fats are associated with lowering the risk of heart disease. Eating almonds offers antioxidant action from Vitamin E and helps lower cholesterol. They are full of healthy flavonoids and Vitamin E.
- Sight is usually the most reliable way to tell if your peanut butter has gone bad. A common trait of bad peanut butter is a change in texture from soft and creamy to hard and dry. The color of the spread may also become darker and the pleasant aroma disappears. If the peanut butter begins to smell rancid, toss it.
- Almonds are the only nut that are considered VERY alkaline. Peanuts on the other hand are highly acidic. Almond butter is the clear winner with more nutrients per serving, more of the healthy fats and less of the bad fats, it is alkaline rather than acidic and thus more expensive.
- While it does contain apples, apple butter is very high in sugar and calories, making it a less healthy option. However, it is still healthier than jelly since it is made with whole apples and thus contains a small amount of fiber.
Updated: 21st November 2019