Is Carmax for used cars only?
CarMax may have the best deal for the car you are looking for, especially if you're getting something interesting that may require some extra warranty coverage. Keep in mind that CarMax is a used car dealer, just like any other store that sells pre-owned cars.
Quora User, I've purchased about 10 cars from Carmax. They won't negotiate the price of the car you're buying, but they will slightly negotiate the price of a car you sell to them. Any Carmax salesperson will tell you they don't negotiate, and they 're not making it up.
- No haggle price is final price of a product and you cannot negotiate the price any further. It is supposed to mean the vehicle is priced as low as the dealer will sell it for, thus eliminating the need for the usual negotiation.
- Take the stress out of the car buying process. Last updated: March 2014. One-price, no-haggle, no-hassle, upfront pricing, and value pricing are all different names for the same practice: selling a vehicle at a nonnegotiable price. It's marketed as a way to take the stress of haggling out of the buying process.
- Upfront pricing refers to the interest rates and limits established for a borrower in a credit card's underwriting and issuance. In credit card underwriting a creditor will use automated technology to establish all of the pricing terms at the onset of the relationship.
Q: How long will you hold the vehicle for me? A: Once it arrives the vehicle will be held for 72 hours. If you are unable to come in within 72 hours, please notify your sales consultant ahead of time to make other arrangements.
- Part 2 Contacting the Owner
- Find the vehicle's VIN number. In order to obtain the title of an abandoned vehicle, you must first locate the owner.
- Visit the DMV.
- See if you can legally purchase the vehicle from the previous owner.
- Familiarize yourself with the necessary forms.
- Most states will charge a fee for replacing the Certificate of Title, but it will be nominal. In Texas, for example, if you apply by mail, the fee is $2; if you apply in person, it is $5.45. In California, a replacement title is $20, while in Massachusetts it is $25.
- A Quick Title is a certificate of ownership for your vehicle or boat that you can get immediately at an eligible office or by mail. It's much faster than a standard title, which can take several weeks to arrive in the mail.
Richard “Rick” Sharp, longtime chief executive of the now-defunct electronics retailer Circuit City and co-founder of used-car dealership chain CarMax, died June 24 at his home near Richmond. He was 67.
- Edmunds data tells the story: Since 2002, the average car loan term has slowly crept past five years, and is now inching past six-and-a-half years. In 2014, 62 percent of the auto loans were for terms over 60 months. And nearly 20 percent of the loans were for 73- to 84-month terms.
- Discover a car's value* in seconds. Find out a car's value, whether it's being sold on the forecourt, as a private sale, or if it's being traded in. Our free valuation tool gives a car's price instantly. All you need to know is the car's number plate and mileage.
- Nearly all auto service facilities, from chain repair stores to dealerships to independent garages, offer some type of pre-purchase inspection. We found that the going price is about $100, roughly the cost of an hour's labor for a mechanic.
Updated: 18th September 2018