Is Basil good for your hair?
Basil oil can seal around your thinning hair follicles, act as a stimulant, and a healer! Basil is not only going to be the biz at promoting healthy hair growth; it has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, AND anti-fungal properties.
The main benefits of holy basil (tulsi) include:
- Fights acne.
- Protects against diabetes.
- Helps fight cancer.
- Balances hormones and lowers stress.
- Relieves fever.
- Helps improve respiratory disorders.
- Good source of vitamin K.
- Dental care and oral health.
- So though Tulsi has zero caffeine in it, the blends of Tulsi with black tea or green tea do have some caffeine. The only Tulsi teas that have caffeine are the following: Tulsi India Breakfast Tea has 20-30 mg. Tulsi Green Tea has 10-15 mg.
- The plant is considered holy and is worshiped regularly. Few people keep tulsi inside their house. As per vastu tips, keep this indoor plant at North, Northeast or Eastern side of the house. Avoid thorny plants: Do not keep thorny plants indoors.
- Being related to the culinary basil family, it can have floral and peppery notes as well. Some types of tulsi may also have a clove-like aroma and spiced flavor, while others may yield a fresh, lemony aroma and flavor. Our Teatulia®'s Tulsi Infusion Tea is a blend of our Teatulia black tea leaves and tulsi leaves.
The health benefits of holy basil, also known as tulsi, include oral care, relief from respiratory disorders, as well as treatment of fever, asthma, lung disorders, heart diseases, and stress.
- About Tulsi Essential Oil. A powerful aromatic herb used extensively both in Ayurvedic clinical and folk medicine, Tulsi, or holy basil, is considered a purifier of the mind, body, and spirit. Tulsi has a special place in Hindu courtyards across India, where it is planted for its auspicious and protective powers.
- Aloe vera has shown dramatic results in helping improve dark spots and pigmentation. Take the gel out from the leaf of an aloe vera plant and add to it some freshly grated cucumber, lemon juice and 1tsp of sandalwood powder. Apply this on the skin and let it dry completely. Wash off with ice cold water and pat dry.
- Rub on Your Face – Use your hands to apply the aloe vera juice onto your face. Leave it on for about 20 minutes or until it dries. Rinse – Peel the aloe vera mask off of your face and wash your face with water. Pat Dry – Using a clean towel, dry your face and look in the mirror and enjoy the new glow of your skin!
(1) :-TULSI is considered as the wife of LORD VISHNU. So, chewing tulsi leaves daily can create a problem of falling teeth. (3) :- There are some amount of harmful acid and iron in tulsi leaves. So, regularly chewing tulsi leaves can result to problem like tooth decay, discolouration of teeth and faded teeth in colour.
- (1) :-TULSI is considered as the wife of LORD VISHNU. So, chewing tulsi leaves daily can create a problem of falling teeth. (3) :- There are some amount of harmful acid and iron in tulsi leaves. So, regularly chewing tulsi leaves can result to problem like tooth decay, discolouration of teeth and faded teeth in colour.
- Basil Pesto– This culinary use is one of Basil's most popular uses and variations of this are used in cultures around the world. At our house, we add pesto to everything from eggs, to meats, to slices of fresh cucumber. Here's my recipe. General Cooking– Dried basil can be easily added to practically any dish.
- Essential oil of holy basil is distilled from leaves and flowers of the plant. You can also make holy basil tea using the leaves, flowers, or dried leaf powder. The herb can also be used to make freshly brewed tea by placing 2–3 teaspoons of holy basil in a cup of boiling water and letting it steep for 5–6 minutes.
Updated: 28th November 2019