Is almond butter good for you?
Almond butter is a good source of the healthy monounsaturated fats our bodies need. These fats are associated with lowering the risk of heart disease. Eating almonds offers antioxidant action from Vitamin E and helps lower cholesterol. They are full of healthy flavonoids and Vitamin E.
All of the fat in cashew butter is heart-healthy unsaturated fat, which is excellent news for anyone who enjoys the smooth, creamy taste as an alternative to peanut butter or conventional butter. Cashew butter contains about half the sugar of peanut butter and it frequently contains less additives.
- A nut butter is a spreadable foodstuff made by grinding nuts into a paste. The result has a high fat content and can be spread like true butter, but is otherwise unrelated. Nut butters include: Almond butter.
- Magnesium is essential for regulating the metabolism of fat and carbohydrates (Volpe, 2014), which may help you lose weight. In addition to eating raw cashews, spreading cashew butter on whole-wheat toast is a great way to boost your consumption of these healthy nuts.
- Macadamias. Macadamia nuts contain more heart-healthy monounsaturated fat per serving than any other nut.
- Cashews. Cashews are very high in iron, zinc, and magnesium.
- Brazil Nuts. Brazil nuts are an excellent source of selenium, which can help prevent cancer.
Healthy fats. Both almond butter and peanut butter are high in monounsaturated fat, the type of fat linked to a reduction in heart disease and better blood sugar control. Nonetheless, a 2-tablespoon serving of almond butter contains roughly 25 percent more monounsaturated fat than the same amount of peanut butter.
- Tahini. At 89 calories and 8 grams of fat per tablespoon, Tahini (also known as sesame butter) is a pretty calorically dense food. While it's full of healthy ingredients like B vitamins and even rich in calcium, it's also super easy to go overboard.
- Sunflower seed butter is a versatile spread filled with nutrients retained from the whole seed. In fact, sunflower seed butter has significantly more unsaturated fat, magnesium, zinc, iron and vitamin E than peanut butter, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Wowbutter is made from soybeans, and is touted as a safe, healthy and nutritious substitute for peanut butter. However, both are prohibited in schools in this province that have peanut and nut-free policies. (
Updated: 22nd October 2018