26th November 2019

ccohs
19

Is acetone harmful?

Ingestion: Not harmful. If large amounts are ingested: Can cause effects as described for inhalation. Effects of Long-Term (Chronic) Exposure: Can cause dry, red, cracked skin (dermatitis) following skin contact.

Consequently, can acetone fumes harm you?

Exposure to high levels of acetone can cause death, coma, unconsciousness, seizures, and respiratory distress. It can damage your kidneys and the skin in your mouth. Breathing moderate-to-high levels of acetone for short periods of time can cause nose, throat, lung, and eye irritation.

How is acetone harmful to humans?

Acetone poisoning occurs when there's more acetone in your body than your liver can break down. Acetone is a clear liquid that smells like nail polish remover. When exposed to the air, it quickly evaporates and remains highly flammable. Acetone is dangerous to use around an open flame.
Write Your Answer

Rate

80% people found this answer useful, click to cast your vote.

4 / 5 based on 1 vote.

Bookmark

Press Ctrl + D to add this site to your favorites!

Share