Is accidental damage covered by Apple warranty?
Damage caused by accident or abuse isn't covered by the Apple warranty. If your screen cracks due to a manufacturing defect, it's covered by the Apple warranty and consumer law. AppleCare+ for iPhone includes up to two incidents of accidental damage, each with a service fee. You can use an incident for screen repair.
Regular AppleCare does not cover accidental damage such as water damage. Apple has recently introduced AppleCare+ for the iPhone, which covers up to two incidents of accidental damage, with a $49 service fee.
- This doesn't take into account AppleCare, the extended warranty program users can opt to add to their new purchase to protect it from defects or accidental damage. As with older iPhones, AppleCare for the iPhone 8 costs $129 for up to two years of coverage. The iPhone 8 Plus is $149, while the iPhone X jumps to $199.
- How to remove the SIM card in an iPhone or iPad
- Gently insert the small paperclip you bent earlier into the small pinhole opening in the SIM tray.
- Apply a small amount of pressure until the SIM tray pops out of the iPhone or iPad.
- Grab hold of the SIM tray and pull straight out.
- Swap your SIM card and re-insert the tray.
- Once you've completed the set up process, remove the SIM card from the old device, and you will be able to use it without issue. You will need a SIM card to set up your iPhone as a Wi-Fi-only device, but only temporarily. After that, it'll work SIM-free.
The cost of AppleCare changes depending on the device you buy. A plan covering a MacBook Pro 15″ with Retina display will set you back a pricey $349, while a plan for the iPhone is $99.
- AppleCare+ for Mac extends your coverage to three years from the original purchase date of your Mac and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee of $99 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or $299 for other damage, plus applicable tax.
- The Apple Limited Warranty covers your iPhone and Apple-branded accessories against manufacturing defects for one year from the date you bought your product. Our warranty is in addition to rights provided by consumer law. Our warranty doesn't cover damage caused by accidents or unauthorized modifications.
- Your MacBook Air is covered by Apple's Limited Warranty for one year. Warranty service for eligible repairs is available at no charge for twelve months from the date of original retail purchase ("date of purchase").
AppleCare+ for Mac extends your coverage to three years from the original purchase date of your Mac and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee of $99 for screen damage or external enclosure damage, or $299 for other damage, plus applicable tax.
- AppleCare+ for Apple Watch and Apple Watch Nike+ extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your Apple Watch1 and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $69 service fee, plus applicable tax.
- With its standard warranty, Apple includes “one year of hardware repair coverage” and 90 days of support over the phone or online complimentary out of the box (or two years for the Apple Watch Edition), but it also offers extended coverage and “up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage” for those that pay to
- Apple: Items from the Apple online store must be returned within 14 days of receipt (or 30 days for iPhones). You can return items (except iPhones) bought at the Apple online store to any Apple retail store for exchange or refund. Without a receipt, you can make returns in-store only for store credit or exchange.
Updated: 12th November 2019