Is a Samsung an android?
Samsung Galaxy devices use the Android operating system produced by Google, usually with a custom user interface called Samsung Experience (formerly TouchWiz). Smart Switch works with all recent Galaxy devices, from the S2 through to current models.
According to Neil Mawston at Strategy Analytics, Samsung captured almost 95 percent of all Android profits in the first quarter of 2013. It pulled in $5.1 billion, leaving only $200 million for LG, Motorola (which, let's not forget, is owned by Google), HTC, Sony, Huawei, ZTE, and several others to fight over.
- Lawee said that when Google buys a company, it's up to the entrepreneurs behind that company to make it a success. Google quietly acquired Android in 2005 for an undisclosed price which has been estimated at $50 million.
- Who “owns” Linux? By virtue of its open source licensing, Linux is freely available to anyone. However, the trademark on the name “Linux” rests with its creator, Linus Torvalds. The source code for Linux is under copyright by its many individual authors, and licensed under the GPLv2 license.
- Switch Access lets you interact with your Android device using one or more switches instead of the touch screen. Switch Access can be helpful for people with dexterity impairments that prevent them from interacting directly with the Android device.
Samsung is selling so many Android phones that Google could simply lose control. Samsung doesn't have to fork Android — Google no longer has any choice but to do Samsung's bidding. Google finds itself with a strange kind of success on its hands. In 2012, Samsung moved 42% of Android devices globally.
- Mobile Operating System: A mobile operating system, also referred to as mobile OS, is an operating system that operates a smartphone, tablet, PDA, or other mobile device. So a smartphone that runs on Android OS is an Android phone,you may call it A smartphone/android phone/android-smart-phone.
- Samsung and Apple both make handsets, hardware smartphones. But there's a difference when it comes to the software running on those handsets. Apple makes iOS, the software that runs on its phones. Apple uses iOS to run it's phones and Samsung uses Android to run it's phones.
- Check the time. Both Android and the iPhone show you the time when you press the lock button. But many Android phones do time keeping better. Motorola, Samsung and HTC have smart covers and sensors that automatically show you the time when you pull the phone out of your pocket.
Updated: 21st September 2018