- Select cell A1.
- On the Data menu, click Validation.
- On the Settings tab, click List in the Allow drop-down list.
- By default, the Ignore blank and In-cell Dropdown check boxes are selected.
- In the Source box, type a,b,c.
Correspondingly, where is the drop down list in Excel?
- Create the list in cells A1:A4.
- Select cell E3.
- Choose Validation from the Data menu.
- Choose List from the Allow option's drop-down list.
- Click the Source control and drag to highlight the cells A1:A4.
- Make sure the In-Cell Dropdown option is checked.
- Click OK.
How do I change the contents of a drop down list in Excel?
- Select the worksheet that has the data for your drop-down list.
- Do any of the following:
- On the worksheet where you applied the drop-down list, select a cell that has the drop-down list.
- Go to Data > Data Validation.
How do you create a drop down list in Excel 2016?
- In a new worksheet, type the entries you want to appear in your drop-down list.
- Select the cell in the worksheet where you want the drop-down list.
- Go to the Data tab on the Ribbon, then Data Validation.
- On the Settings tab, in the Allow box, click List.
- Click in the Source box, then select your list range.