Just so, can you cook oats with water?
How do you make porridge?
- Put the oats in a saucepan, pour in the milk or water and sprinkle in a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring from time to time and watching carefully that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- To serve. Pour into bowls, spoon yogurt on top and drizzle with honey.
How do I make porridge in the microwave?
- Mix rolled oats and water in a bowl (use a large bowl to prevent spilling over when cooking).
- Cook uncovered in the microwave on high power for 1½ minutes.
- Cook for another minute.
- Top with milk and a sprinkle of brown sugar.