How much sugar should you put in a cup of coffee?
For any amount of pure Coffee (no milk), you can put 39 grams of sugar or nearly 10 teaspoons of sugar, as Coffee has no sugar in it. 30ml is a standard espresso size so to be equivalent per ml of liquid you would need to put 3.1 grams of sugar which is less than a teaspoon.
Part of the habit, of course, revolves around what it is we put in our coffee. If you add sugar or too much cream, the benefits of black coffee will be diluted. But that is not the only reason. When you drink your coffee black, you can taste its real flavor, and when you get used to it, there's no turning back.
- Let's have a look at some of the most important health benefits of drinking black coffee.
- It boosts memory.
- Improves performance during workout.
- Beneficial for liver.
- Makes you intelligent.
- Cleanses your stomach.
- Helps in weight loss.
- Improves cardiovascular health.
- Powerhouse of antioxidants.
- Coffee boosts your physical performance. Have a cup of black coffee about an hour before workout and your performance can improve by 11-12%. Caffeine increases adrenaline levels in your blood. Adrenaline is your body's “fight or flight” hormone which helps you to prepare for physical exertion.
- Honey has a lower GI value than sugar, meaning that it does not raise blood sugar levels as quickly. Honey is sweeter than sugar, so you may use less of it, but is does have slightly more calories per teaspoon so it's wise to keep a close eye on your portion sizes.
How to Sweeten Coffee without Sugar
- Add cinnamon to your coffee grounds. Before you brew your coffee, add 1 teaspoon cinnamon for every 4 tablespoons of coffee grounds.
- Use stevia. Stevia is a natural sweetener that comes from the stevia plant.
- Use xylitol. I love Xylitol.
- Add coconut cream.
- Use dates.
- Slice lemons in half, squeeze out juice into a bowl, remove seeds. Add juice to a large pitcher.
- Add 2 quarts of water to a pitcher.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of stevia. Taste it and decide if you want it sweeter.
- Slice one whole lemon and add to pitcher.
- Add the ice cubes and serve!
- Makes 64 ounces.
- Add sugar to help sweeten cut cantaloupe.
- Put the cantaloupe pieces into a airtight container.
- Sprinkle sugar or sugar substitute onto the cantaloupe.
- Toss the cantaloupe gently with the sugar until it has been evenly distributed.
- Place the container of cantaloupe in the refrigerator for up to five days.
- Add 2 tbsp. dark brown sugar for every 3 cups of chili you would like to sweeten. Stir the sugar into the chili with a wooden spoon for 60 seconds to ensure it dissolves and does not sink to the bottom of the pot. Cover and simmer for five minutes to combine the flavor of the brown sugar with the chili's sauce.
Updated: 3rd December 2019