How much protein is in 4 oz of cooked chicken breast?
A 4-ounce roasted chicken breast gives you just over 25 grams of protein. If you're more of a thigh meat fan, 4 ounces of boneless, skinless thigh offers 28 grams of protein. Even the drumsticks add lots of protein to your recipe. Four ounces of drumstick meat contain 22 grams of protein.
Protein Content of Boiled Chicken. Boiled chicken is an effective way to add protein to your diet without excessive fat or cholesterol. A 3-ounce piece of skinless chicken breast contains 29 grams of protein, more than an equally sized piece of top round beef, turkey breast or salmon.
- Strawberries are a voluminous fruit, containing few calories and carbohydrate in a large portion. One cup of strawberries contains only 49 calories and provides 3 grams of fiber and only 12 grams of carbohydrate, resulting in 9 grams of net carbs.
- There are 147 calories in 1 medium piece of Grilled Chicken. Calorie breakdown: 53% fat, 0% carbs, 47% protein.
- Ap Grilled Chicken Thigh Without Skin - 3oz. Grilled Chicken Thigh No Skin
Calories 146 Sodium Total Fat 9 g Potassium Saturated 3 g Total Carbs Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars
One-half pound of roasted chicken breast contains more than 70 grams of protein. If you prefer dark meat, a half pound of cooked thigh meat provides about 59 grams of protein. One-half pound of chicken drumstick meat offers more than 64 grams of protein.
- The 10 best meats and the 10 worst ones
- The Best. It's important to know your health priorities when selecting the proper meat.
- Pork Tenderloin. While pork can definitely be considered a heavy food, lean cuts of pork can be pretty nutrient rich and even low in calories.
- Roast Beef.
- Turkey is lower in cholesterol than most other meats, especially red meats, and has a much better proportion of unsaturated fats to saturated fats than chicken. Per portion, turkey meat contains more protein per gram than beef, pork and chicken.
- Turkeys and Chickens are two entirely different species from different parts of the world. Photo: Turkeys and chickens. The largish white bird in the lower right corner, and the black one at the left are both Turkey hens (females). Chickens are Gallus gallus domesticus (aka "domestic fowl").
After removing the bone, a half of a roasted chicken weighs 480 grams, or 17 ounces. It has 1,070 calories, 115 grams of protein, 64 grams of fat and 0 grams of carbohydrates.
- Carbs in Poultry. No matter which type of poultry you enjoy -- duck, turkey, pheasant, chicken or another bird -- you won't get any carbohydrates. When these cuts of poultry are grilled, roasted, broiled or even pan-seared, they contain 0 grams of carbohydrates.
- One-half pound of roasted chicken breast contains more than 70 grams of protein. If you prefer dark meat, a half pound of cooked thigh meat provides about 59 grams of protein. One-half pound of chicken drumstick meat offers more than 64 grams of protein.
- A skinless, cooked chicken breast (172 grams) contains 54 grams of protein. This is equal to 31 grams of protein per 100 grams (3). A chicken breast also has 284 calories, or 165 calories per 100 grams. 80% of the calories comes from protein, while 20% comes from fat (3).
Updated: 2nd October 2019