How much money does Stephen King make per year?
Stephen King has published 57 novels, all of them bestsellers. He has sold more than 350 million copies of his works. According to Forbes, he earns approximately $40 million per year, making him one of the richest writers in the world.
A full-length novel can be anywhere from 75,000 to 150,000 words, or even longer. If you think about having to write 75,000 words – 200 pages – you'll freak yourself out. But if you write 1,000 words a day, you can finish the first draft of a novel in less than three months, even if you take some weekend days off.
- Most adult native test-takers range from 20,000–35,000 words. Average native test-takers of age 8 already know 10,000 words. Average native test-takers of age 4 already know 5,000 words. Adult native test-takers learn almost 1 new word a day until middle age.
- Language delay is often the first sign parents act on when a child is on the autism spectrum. Autism is a communication disorder, and since speech is the way to communicate, delayed speech may signal autism. Keep in mind; children who are eventually diagnosed with ADHD are often “late talkers”.
- People with ASD often have symptoms or aspects of other conditions, such as:
- a learning disability.
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Tourette's syndrome or other tic disorders.
- obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- generalised anxiety disorder.
Previous research by Louann Brizendine at the University of California found that women speak an average of 20,000 words daily compared to only 7,000 words for men. This means that on average, women talk nearly three times as much as men.
- I am a professional speaker and podcast host and I speak at approximately 145-160 words per minute (wpm), while many sources state that average American English speaker engaged in a friendly conversation speaks at a rate of approximately 110–150 wpm.
- We have seen that the Oxford English Dictionary contains 171,476 words in current use, whereas a vocabulary of just 3000 words provides coverage for around 95% of common texts. If you do the math, that's 1.75% of the total number of words in use!
- The 10 Most Spoken Languages In The World
- Chinese. Numbers vary widely — Ethnologue puts the number of native speakers at almost 1.2 billion native speakers, roughly a billion of whom speak Mandarin — but there's no doubt it's the most spoken language in the world.
It can take a long time to write a novel, if you're doing research or you get stuck, or if you're fine-tuning sentences or having trouble with point of view. On the other hand, other writers, like author Jane Green, whose newest novel, Tempting Fate, is a NYT best-seller, writes her books in six months.
- King likes to write 10 pages a day. Over a three-month span, that amounts to around 180,000 words. "The first draft of a book — even a long one — should take no more than three months, the length of a season," he says. If you spend too long on your piece, King believes the story begins to take on an odd foreign feel.
- Books can vary from miniatures (technically, books under 3 inches tall) to "elephant (or atlas) folios" (23-25 inches tall). Most books are just 8vo (pronounced "octavo" or "eight-vo"), i.e. roughly 8 to 9 inches tall. 8vo is the most common size for a book.
- Get Your Book Published for Free and Get Paid. Amazon's free self-publishing services, Kindle Direct Publishing and CreateSpace, let you unleash your manuscript on the market and get up to 70% royalties. You need a book manuscript in Microsoft Word format. and a cover design, saved as a JPEG or TIFF file.
Updated: 22nd September 2018