How much is the toll to cross George Washington Bridge?
Eastbound vehicles must pay a toll to cross the bridge; as with all Hudson River crossings along the North River, westbound vehicles cross for free. As of December 6, 2015, the cash tolls going from New Jersey to New York are $15 for both cars and motorcycles.
Tolls on the Robert F. Kennedy, Throgs Neck, Bronx-Whitestone bridges and the Brooklyn–Battery and Queens Midtown tunnels will rise from $5.54 to $5.76 for E-ZPass users, and from $8 to $8.50 for cash payments.
- Cost - Starting Sunday, E-ZPass users will pay $11.75 to cross bridges from New Jersey into New York City during peak hours and $9.75 for off-peak. The cash toll will cost $14.
- The tolls would also be placed on the Brooklyn, Manhattan and Williamsburg bridges. The toll on these four bridges would cost $5.54 each way if paid by E-ZPass and $8 each way for other drivers. However, there are benefits for having a toll on the Queensboro Bridge for western Queens residents, Robbett said.
- The E-ZPass toll is just $6.25 per trip (plus $9.50 for each additional axle beyond two axles) at the Bayonne Bridge, Goethals Bridge, and Outerbridge Crossing, provided you make at least three Staten Island-bound trips in a calendar month that are not already discounted by another Port Authority Plan.*
Tolls are slated to increase at the George Washington Bridge, Lincoln Tunnel, Holland Tunnel, Goethals Bridge, Bayonne Bridge and the Outerbridge Crossing. For most commuters – those who drive vehicles with two axles and single rear wheels – cash tolls will increase from $14 to $15.
- As of December 6, 2015, the cash tolls going from New Jersey to New York are $15 for both cars and motorcycles. E-ZPass users are charged $10.50 for cars and $9.50 for motorcycles during off-peak hours, and $12.50 for cars and $11.50 for motorcycles during peak hours.
- The mean water elevation at Albany is 2 feet above sea level, and the average range in tide is about 4 feet. The lower Hudson river is maintained at a depth of at least 32 feet for commercial traffic from the Port of Albany to New York City, but is as deep as 200 feet in places.
- Click here to find toll information for all roads, tunnels and bridges across the US.
New York City Region Connects Toll George Washington Bridge New Jersey/Manhattan $15.00 Lincoln Tunnel New Jersey/Manhattan $15.00 Holland Tunnel New Jersey/Manhattan $15.00 Queens Midtown Tunnel Manhattan/Queens $8.50
The Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) manages the Whitestone Bridge. TOLLS: A toll is charged in both directions. For more information visit the EZ Pass page for rates. If you have EZ Pass NJ, you can use the EZ Pass lanes but you will pay the Cash Toll Rate of $7.50.
- The Bronx–Whitestone Bridge (colloquially referred to as the Whitestone Bridge or simply the Whitestone) is a suspension bridge in New York City that crosses the East River and connects the boroughs of Queens on Long Island, and the Bronx on the United States mainland via Interstate 678.
- Drivers are automatically charged or sent a bill each month. The Henry Hudson Bridge, the Rockaway Bridges, the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel, and the Queens Midtown Tunnel already have cashless tolling. The Verrazano Bridge is set to go cashless next month.
- Cars with E-ZPass tags will pay 75 cents more when they cross the George Washington, Bayonne and Goethals bridges and Outerbridge Crossing, or go through the Lincoln and Holland tunnels. That makes the E-ZPass peak toll $11 and the off-peak toll $9. Cars paying cash will continue to pay $13.
Updated: 18th November 2019