How much is a TiVo box per month?
It's even priced right at $99 — until you consider the monthly cost. The TiVo Mini costs $5.99 a month or $150 for a lifetime pass. For just this box. That's on top of the cost of the house's other TiVo which costs $14.99 a month.
|Service Plan Pricing and Availability|
|TiVo Service Plan||Price|
|Annual Plan||$149.99/year, plus any applicable taxes|
|All-In Plan||$549.99 (one-time), plus any applicable taxes|
|Monthly Plan with 1-year commitment||$14.99/month (1-year commitment)|
- This plan can be transferred to any TiVo DVR. Log in to My Account and click on the Change service number link under Account Information to transfer your service. This plan can be transferred only to another TiVo Roamio Series DVR. You activated the TiVo DVR with Product Lifetime Service less than 30 days ago.
- TiVo Stream is a transcoding device that seamlessly delivers content stored on any TiVo Premiere series DVR or the 4-tuner TiVo Roamio to mobile viewing devices such as the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. It allows for simultaneous streaming of recorded content to as many as four devices around the home.
- Using the Opera TV store
- On your TiVo box, go to TiVo Central.
- Select 'Apps & Games' > 'Opera TV Store.' See it.
- You'll see popular apps from all categories. From here, you can: See it.
- Select an app. You can choose to open it, or you can add it to “My Apps” – your favorite apps list – to open later.
TiVo is currently offering lifetime DVR service for $249 with the purchase of either a Roamio or Roamio OTA. The regular price of DVR service is $15 per month, so buyers will start saving money at the 17-month mark. Just keep in mind that Lifetime service is tied to a single DVR.
- TiVo (/ˈtiːvo?/ TEE-voh) is a digital video recorder (DVR) developed and marketed by TiVo Corporation and introduced in 1999.
- Using a number of $10 per month, the two-year cost of a provider DVR is $240. This isn't 100% accurate however as many MSOs also charge a set-top-box fee of anywhere from six to eight dollars per month. If your cable or satellite provider tacks this fee on then you're looking at approximately $340 over two years.
- NVR vs DVR - The difference between an NVR and DVR can be confusing to many. A network video recorder (NVR) records IP cameras that are transmitted via a network cable. In essence, NVRs record IP cameras. Digital video recorders (DVRs) are synonymous with recording analog or coax based cameras.
Updated: 20th September 2018