How much is a priority mail envelope?
Priority Mail Flat Rate Products
|Free Supplies8||Shipping Price|
|Padded Flat Rate Envelope||$7.10 commercial base $7.25 at Post Office (retail & online)|
|Legal Flat Rate Envelope||$6.85 commercial base $7.00 at Post Office (retail & online)|
|Small Flat Rate Box||$7.05 commercial base $7.20 at Post Office (retail & online)|
The Priority Mail® Flat Rate Envelope is quick, easy, and convenient, simplifying your Priority Mail® shipping process for documents. Just like the Flat Rate Boxes, this paperboard envelope features a predetermined flat rate regardless of the weight or destination zone of the package.
- Priority Mail Flat Rate is a 1 to 3 day shipping service provided by the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) that features one flat rate for delivery of a package or envelope to its destination. The service allows a maximum weight of 70 lbs. or less for each envelope or package.
- To be eligible for mailing at the price for letters, a piece must be: Rectangular. At least 3-1/2 inches high x 5 inches long x 0.007 inch thick. No more than 6-1/8 inches high x 11-1/2 inches long x 1/4 inch thick.
- No. The only postage that can be used on USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate packaging is the matching Flat Rate postage. You need to supply your own envelope or box if you want to use First Class Package postage. Check your local retail stores when they are stocking shelves for free boxes.
Priority Mail. Sometimes, your large envelopes or packages are going to be too heavy to ship via First-Class Mail. The USPS does provide free Priority Mail envelopes, boxes and labels, so be sure to order as many as you need directly from the Stamps.com Store.
- Priority Mail Flat Rate Products
Free Supplies8 Shipping Price Padded Flat Rate Envelope $7.10 commercial base $7.25 at Post Office (retail & online) Legal Flat Rate Envelope $6.85 commercial base $7.00 at Post Office (retail & online) Small Flat Rate Box $7.05 commercial base $7.20 at Post Office (retail & online)
- Pricing depends on the weight of the envelope with prices starting at $1.00 increasing by $0.21 for each additional ounce. To send large envelopes, you do not need to visit the Post Office as long as you have postage stamps, access to a postage meter or can print postage online from a company like Stamps.com.
- Select Priority Mail Express and Priority Mail boxes are available free at the Post Office for items sent using either of these services. While you are not required to use the free packaging for these services, you must use the USPS-produced address label provided by the Post Office for Priority Mail Express.
The US Postal Service's Priority Mail is a quick yet economical way to mail packages under 70 pounds within the United States. Using Priority Mail Flat Rate packages designed by USPS or your own boxes, you can ship items across the country and have them arrive in one to three days to most locations.
- You need to purchase postage, not necessarily stamps. You can do this through any internet postage provider. The USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope is free material from the USPS but you have to pay for postage.
- Shipping starts at $5.75 Postal shipping for US customers and $9.90 Standard shipping for customers outside the US for orders per shipment under 1 pound (about 1-3 tees). *Wall art shipments require special pricing. Please see your cart for shipping estimate.
- The United States Postal Services reports that as of January 2018, it takes an average of one to three days for First-Class Mail to arrive at its destination. Priority Mail likewise takes one to three days. USPS only includes the time a package stays in transit in their estimations.
Updated: 12th November 2019