How much does it cost to have someone clean your gutters?
A two-story 2,500 square-foot home with 200 linear feet of gutters will cost $100 to $250. Common causes for a price hike: You might have to pay a little extra if your gutter cleaning calls for any of the following special procedures: A three-story home will often cost you an extra $75 to $200.
How to Clean Gutters
- Wear a shirt with long sleeves. Wear rubber gloves.
- Have a good extendable ladder available.
- Use a small plastic scoop to remove gunk.
- Spare your lawn by dumping the stuff onto a plastic tarp.
- After you've cleared the muck, flush the gutters and downspouts with a garden hose — also a great way to spot any leaks.
- How to Unclog and Clean Downspouts on Gutters
- Insert the end of the plumber's snake in the downspout until it meets resistance.
- Turn the crank and work it back and forth to loosen the clog.
- Insert a garden hose in the downspout and turn on the water to flush out any debris.
- If you opt for DIY gutter cleaning, it can take several hours to finish cleaning your gutters. However, if you hire a professional, they'll be able to complete the job much faster. For a small home, gutter cleaning may only take 30-60 minutes to complete.
- Tips For Killing Algae and Mold On Siding
- Do all you can to allow sunlight to hit the siding.
- Allow cleaning solution to sit on siding for 10 minutes.
- Pressure clean from the bottom up to avoid streaking.
- Rinse from the top down.
- Remove shrubbery around the home trimmed.
- Use oxygen bleach, not chlorine bleach.
Gutters are an integral piece of your home's well-being. They serve to control the flow of rainwater to protect your roof, walls, foundation and landscape. A gutter clogged with leaves, sticks and other debris can cause a leaky roof or water damage to the interior or exterior of your home.
- Gutters are an integral piece of your home's well-being. They serve to control the flow of rainwater to protect your roof, walls, foundation and landscape. A gutter clogged with leaves, sticks and other debris can cause a leaky roof or water damage to the interior or exterior of your home.
- Pressure Washing Costs & Considerations
Area to Wash Low High House, Siding $100 $300 Driveway $80 $200 Deck or Patio $250 $500
- The average cost to install galvanized or aluminum gutters is approximately $4 to $9 per linear foot. There are also vinyl gutters which are much easier to install, and which run at roughly $3 to $5 per linear foot. Therefore, installing from 125 to 200 feet of gutters will cost $1050-$2400.
Updated: 18th November 2019