How much does Aflac pay out for a surgery?
Surgical Benefit Aflac will pay $50–$1,000 when a surgical operation is performed, including a vaginal or cesarean delivery, on a covered person for a covered sickness or injury in a hospital or an ambulatory surgical center.
The Hospital Short-Stay Benefit and the Hospital Emergency Room Benefit are not payable on the same day. E. PHYSICIAN VISIT BENEFIT: Aflac will pay $25 when a Covered Person incurs a charge for a Physician visit. The Sickness or Accidental Injury of a Covered Person is not required for this benefit to be payable.
- Hospital Indemnity insurance, also called Hospitalization insurance or Hospital insurance, is a plan that pays you benefits when you are confined to a hospital, whether for planned or unplanned reasons, or for other medical services, depending on the policy.
- Confinement means you're being held and you can't move freely. Confinement doesn't have to be punishment. If you've got a contagious disease, your doctor may recommend confinement to your hospital room. Puppies sometimes prefer confinement in a crate to sleeping in an open room.
- A health insurance plan providing coverage for hospital confinement due to illness, accidents, intensive care of convalescence. In the United States, private citizens must pay monthly premiums to privatized insurance companies, while federal or state government employees do not.
$25 Aflac will pay $25 when a covered person incurs a charge for a physician visit. Services must be under the supervision of a physician. If the type of coverage for the policy is individual, the benefit is limited to three visits per calendar year, per policy.
- Your deposit type, amount and method of payment will vary by Budget location. Generally, at the time of a U.S. corporate-operated location rental, we'll require a credit card hold of total estimated rental charges plus 25% or $200, whichever is greater.
- Major Renters. At select locations, major rental car companies, including Hertz, Alamo and Avis, allow customers to rent a car using only a debit card. Each company uses different criteria. Hertz runs a credit check, while Avis requires an additional cash deposit, which it refunds after the car is returned.
- Even if you pay for the car-rental booking on Hotwire, the driver will need to present his or her own valid license and credit card at the rental counter. The rental agency will require a credit card as a deposit.
If you find yourself unable to work, Aflac short-term disability insurance will provide cash to help ease the financial stress of a covered illness or injury. Ask your employer about Aflac Short-Term Disability insurance. This product is available through worksite payroll deduction only.
- Typically, a short-term disability plan provides some wage replacement (a percentage of your salary) while you are temporarily unable to work due to pregnancy or an illness or injury suffered off the job. Many plans don't cover elective surgery (such as cosmetic surgery or gastric bypass surgery).
- $1,000 Aflac will pay a Hospital Confinement Benefit of $1,000 when a covered person requires hospital confinement for 23 or more hours for a covered sickness or accidental injury and a charge is incurred. This benefit is payable once per period of hospital confinement, per covered person.
- The same goes for unemployment benefits. If, however, your long-term disability insurance policy says that you are disabled only if you are unable to perform the duties of "any occupation," then you cannot work at another type of job or collect unemployment benefits.
Updated: 21st October 2019