How much does a Starbucks barista make a year?
Starbucks didn't announce what the new starting-pay rate will be, or how much baristas and shift supervisors can expect to make. However, according to PayScale's Research Center, baristas at Starbucks typically make between $7.63 and $10.63 per hour, and shift managers take home an average of $9.12 to $13.44.
Free Coffee. Surprise! Starbucks employees get to take home a pound of coffee beans each week or a box of other company products, such as Tazo tea. They also get a 30% discount on Starbucks food and beverages.
- Starbucks employees earn an average of $9.43 an hour, according to Glassdoor.com, which tracks salaries and surveyed 2,600 of the chain's employees. The average annual wage came to nearly $20,000, including tips, company stock, and other bonuses, according to the website.
- Hourly pay at Old Navy ranges from an average of $8.68 to $17.10 an hour. Old Navy employees with the job title Assistant Store Manager make the most with an average hourly rate of $19.82, while employees with the title Retail Store Assistant make the least with an average hourly rate of $9.18.
- Hourly pay at Forever 21, Inc. ranges from an average of $9.17 to $23.46 an hour. Forever 21, Inc. employees with the job title Senior Copywriter make the most with an average hourly rate of $31.43, while employees with the title Cashier make the least with an average hourly rate of $9.40.
Glassdoor reports that information from 2,650 baristas shows that they average $9.43 an hour, while nearly 2,000 shift supervisors average $11.65 an hour. (Other employees submitted information using variants on those job titles at Starbucks, and showing similar wages.)
- A Chick-fil-A team member typically starts out earning just above minimum wage. The average pay for a Chick-fil-A team member ranges up to $13.00 an hour. Pay rates for these workers may increase over time. Area of employment may also affect the hourly wages Chick-fil-A team members earn.
- Shift supervisors earn a bit more -- an average $10.29 an hour, based on 372 responses, while store managers, who are paid salary, earn about $44,000, based on an average of 341 responses on Glassdoor. Andrada says Starbucks looks at overall compensation -- not just hourly wages or salaries.
- Reuters first reported that Target will raise the rate to $10 in May. The company last raised its minimum pay rate in April 2015 to $9 an hour. The federal minimum wage is $7.25 per hour. Target, based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, has about 341,000 employees at nearly 1,800 stores nationwide.
companies Companies That Hire 15 Year Olds
- Six Flags Other Amusement and Recreation Industries, Amusement park.
- Dunkin' Donuts Restaurant, Bakery, Food and Beverage.
- Safeway Retail.
- Burger King Restaurant.
- Build-A-Bear Workshop Retail, Hobby, Toy.
- Taco Bell Restaurant, Fast food.
- When You Can Work. According to the FLSA, 14 is the minimum age for work (at least in non-agricultural jobs). While 14 and 15-year-olds can work, there are limits to the hours they can work.
- The minimum age for employment consideration rests at 16 for most entry-level jobs at Burger King restaurants throughout the United States. In some areas, work permits obtained through local governments may allow applicants younger than sixteen to work for the hamburger restaurant chain.
- You must be at least 16 years old to work in a Chick-fil-A restaurant. However, the age requirements vary from position to position. For some jobs (managers, for instance), you must be at least 18.
Updated: 21st October 2018