How much does a cargo pilot make a year?
The most-experienced senior captains have seen their pay shrink 12% to about $180,744 a year. In contrast, five-year cargo pilots now make an average of $108,330 a year, while top captains are paid $194,566.
Captains have a guaranteed salary of $255,128, with a typical captain earning another $35,000. The average pay of all UPS pilots, including captains and first officers, is $238,000, dwarfing the median wage for a U.S. commercial airline pilot at $98,410 based on the Bureau of Labor Statistics data.
- New hire pilots at United Airlines make $73,360 their first year of employment, while second-year pay jumps dramatically to $110,080. From there the pay can vary depending upon what equipment the pilot is on, but most fifth-year first officers at United are earning at least $131,500.
- UPS Freight is hiring individuals to work as Full-Time Mechanics. This position involves the maintenance and repair of tractors and trailers. Fleet and diesel engine experience is highly desired. Applicants must be at least 18 years old, and must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- 8 answers. NO, seasonal driver's helpers do not have to take a drug test because they are not operating the vehicle, they are just helping the driver get the boxes off of the truck and deliver it to its stop.
The average annual salary at the major airlines above at the most senior levels is just less than $200,000 annually. Meanwile, the senior-most pilots at Delta, who fly B747s and B777s, earn around $245,000.
- Typically a pilot are not permitted to fly more than 1,000 hours in a year, 125 hours in a month and 30 hours in a week. However, pilots are required to report at despatch about 60 to 90 minutes before departure. They must necessarily get at least one day off after seven consecutive days of duty.
- Starting Pay for Co-Pilots. According to an airline industry salary survey conducted by FltOps.Com, the average starting salary of a co-pilot is $36,283 per year. However, this varies considerably by airline. The lowest reported starting salary for a co-pilot, $21,600 per year, was reported at US Airways.
- Educational Requirements. In order to begin training as an airline pilot, you'll generally need at least 5 GCSE's from A to C, with English and Maths included. You will also need at least two A-levels, and ideally this will include Maths and Physics.
Source: The Pilots of FedEx. According to Memphis newspaper The Commercial Appeal, pilots flying for FedEx earn closer to $234,000 a year on average -- 90% more, to carry boxes from Point A to Point B, than the folks flying actual human passengers make.
- Package Handler Salaries
Job Title Salary FedEx Ground Package Handler salaries $12/hr UPS Package Handler salaries $25,511 FedEx Package Handler salaries $12/hr Fedex Express Package Handler salaries $13/hr
- Data based off of GlassDoor and Indeed.com shows that the average OTR UPS driver earns $27.83 an hour, while the average FedEx truck driver earns $22.83 an hour. The total compensation for a FedEx driver is $47,492 a year, while UPS pays their drivers significantly more at $57,866 a year on average.
- Aside from the top three listed above, other great trucking companies include:
- JB. Hunt Transportation.
- AAA Cooper Transportation, or ACT.
- United Parcel Service, or UPS.
- Southeastern Freight Lines.
- Arkansas Best.
- Interstate Distributer.
- Crete Carrier.
- Old Dominion Freight Line.
Updated: 21st September 2018