Here are 11 ways to cook an egg.
- Hard Boiled. A hard boiled egg is cooked in its shell in boiling water.
- Soft Boiled. Soft boiled eggs follow the same process as hard boiled eggs, but you cut the cooking time roughly in half.
- Hard Scrambled.
- Soft Scrambled.
- Sunny Side Up.
- Over Easy.
- Over Medium.
- Over Hard.
Keeping this in view, how do you cook an egg?
Heat the olive oil in a small, non-stick pan over medium heat. Crack the egg directly into the pan and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook for about two minutes, then use a spatula to flip the egg, being careful not to break the yolk. For a runny yolk, turn off the heat and let the egg sit for one minute.
How do you break an egg?
Method 1 Cracking a Single Egg
- Hold the egg in your dominant hand. It's best to use your dominate hand when cracking an egg.
- to Break an Egg. Tap the egg on a firm surface.
- Find the indentation of the egg. Turn the egg over to look at the crack you made.
- to Break an Egg. Pull the shell apart.
How do you make soft boiled eggs?
Bring the water up to a boil, then lower it to a rapid simmer. Add the eggs to the pot, and then begin timing. If you're just cooking one or two eggs, five minutes is perfect for a runny yolk, or cook as long as seven minutes for a more firmly set, but still spoonable, yolk.
What is eggs over easy?
To make one, you cook the raw egg just until the whites are set on the bottom, then you quickly flip it over to cook the other side. "Over" refers to flipping the egg, and "easy" refers to the doneness of the yolk. You can also cook eggs "over medium" and "over hard," depending on how cooked you prefer the yolk.
What are the methods of cooking eggs?
There are five basic methods for cooking eggs.
- Baked. Eggs baked in a dish in the oven, also known as shirred.
- Hard-Boiled / Hard-Cooked. Place eggs in a saucepan large enough to hold them in a single layer.
How do I boil eggs?
Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Slowly bring water to a boil over medium heat; when the water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat. Let sit 12 minutes. Transfer eggs to a colander; place under cool running water to stop the cooking.
What kind of eggs do birds lay?
An egg results from fertilization of an ovum. Most arthropods, vertebrates, and mollusks lay eggs, although some, such as scorpions and most mammals, do not. Reptile eggs, bird eggs, and monotreme eggs are laid out of water, and are surrounded by a protective shell, either flexible or inflexible.
What is an over hard egg?
Sunny side up: The egg is fried with the yolk up and is not flipped. Over easy: The egg is flipped and the yolk is still runny. Over medium: The egg is flipped and the yolk is only slightly runny. Over well: The egg is flipped and the yolk is cooked hard.
How do you cook eggs Benedict?
Place a lid on pan to keep sauce warm. While eggs are poaching, brown the bacon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and toast the English muffins on a baking sheet under the broiler. Spread toasted muffins with softened butter, and top each one with a slice of bacon, followed by one poached egg.
How do you make basted eggs?
To steam baste an egg, first heat 2 teaspoons butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-low, until hot. Then, crack a pasteurized egg into a custard cup or small bowl. Now gently slide the egg into the melted butter, and cook about 30 seconds. When the edges of the egg turn white, add 1 tablespoon water to the pan.
What is egg dishes?
An egg that has been cooked by poaching, in simmering liquid. The term is also applied to a method whereby the egg is placed in a cup, suspended over simmering water, using a special pan called an "egg-poacher". Scrambled eggs. Plain. A dish made from beaten egg whites and yolks of (usually chicken eggs).
How do you cook a sunny side up egg?
If the oil starts to spit it's because it's too hot, so turn the heat right down. Cook until the tops of the whites are set but the yolk is still runny. When they're ready, remove the pan from the heat and take the eggs out using a spatula. Place on a plate and dab them with some paper towels to soak up any excess oil.
How do you make an omelet?
- BEAT eggs, water, salt and pepper in small bowl until blended.
- HEAT butter in 7 to 10-inch nonstick omelet pan or skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- GENTLY PUSH cooked portions from edges toward the center with inverted turner so that uncooked eggs can reach the hot pan surface.
How do you cook a poached egg?
An even easier method for poached eggs
- Crack your egg into a bowl or onto a saucer.
- Bring a pan of water filled at least 5cm deep to a simmer.
- Tip the egg into the pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes then turn off the heat and leave the pan for 8-10 minutes.
- Lift the egg out with a slotted spoon and drain it on kitchen paper.
How do you cook eggs in the microwave?
BEAT eggs, milk, salt and pepper in microwave-safe bowl until blended. MICROWAVE on HIGH 45 seconds: stir. MICROWAVE until eggs are almost set, 30 to 45 seconds longer. SERVE immediately.
How do you make scrambled eggs?
BEAT eggs, milk, salt and pepper in bowl until blended. HEAT butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. POUR IN egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, GENTLY PULL the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds.
How do you cook soft scrambled eggs?
- Melt the butter in a medium sized non-stick skillet over medium low heat.
- Whisk the eggs.
- Watch for the edges to just barely start to set, and then gently swipe a spatula around the edges of the pan to create large soft curds.
How do you make eggs over easy?
Step 1: Heat butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it's hot and foamy. Step 2: Break eggs and gently slide into pan, one at a time. Reduce heat to low immediately. Step 3: Cook slowly until whites are completely firm and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard.
How do you cook eggs Wikihow?
Method 7 Basted
- Pour 2 Tbsp (30 ml) butter or cooking oil into a frying pan. Heat the pan on the stove over medium to medium-high heat.
- Break each egg into the pan.
- Let the egg whites set.
- Pour hot oil over the egg and cook slightly.
Can you cook eggs without butter or oil?
How to Cook Eggs Without Oil or Butter. If you are trying to cut the amount of fat in your diet, the last thing you'll want to do is to add more fat to the frying pan when you're cooking the egg. To cook an egg without added fat, you have at least two simple options: hard-boil it or cook it scrambled in the microwave.
How do you make fluffy scrambled eggs?
How to Make It
- Crack the eggs into a glass mixing bowl and beat them until they turn a pale yellow color.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed nonstick sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the butter and let it melt.
- Add the milk to the eggs and season to taste with salt and white pepper. Then, grab your whisk and whisk like crazy.