How many times can you tweet in a day?
Direct Messages (daily): The limit is 1,000 messages sent per day. Tweets: 2,400 per day. The daily update limit is further broken down into smaller limits for semi-hourly intervals. Retweets are counted as Tweets.
Every Twitter account is technically unable to follow more than 1,000 accounts per day, in addition to the account-based limits above. Please note that this is just a technical limit to prevent egregious abuse from spam accounts. Accounts are also prohibited from aggressively following other accounts.
- Once you publish your moment, you'll be prompted to create a tweet to promote it. Moments are easily identified by a lightning bolt icon on your tweets. You can edit, unpublish, or delete a moment at any time, but it must be the actual moment, not the tweet promoting it.
- The test means that a small group of Twitter users will now get 280 characters per tweet instead of the traditional 140 characters. Twitter's character limit is a holdover from the app's early days when tweets were sent as texts, which were limited to 160 characters.
- Every second, on average, around 6,000 tweets are tweeted on Twitter (visualize them here), which corresponds to over 350,000 tweets sent per minute, 500 million tweets per day and around 200 billion tweets per year.
There are two Twitter follow limits:
- The 5,000 friends limit. That is if you have less than 5,000 followers, the maximum you can follow is 5,000 accounts.
- The 10% limit†. If you follow more than 5,000 users, you'll be limited to 10% more than the number of people that follow you.
- Twitter's follow limits and why to unfollow. There are two Twitter follow limits: The 5,000 friends limit. That is if you have less than 5,000 followers, the maximum you can follow is 5,000 accounts.
- This includes retweets and links. If you exceed this limit, you will be in Twitter Jail for 1 to 2 hours. Don't tweet more than 1,000 times per day. If you exceed this limit, you will be in Twitter Jail until the following day.
- Twitter Jail Means No Tweeting If You've Reached The Limit Of 100 Tweets Per Hour Or 1000 per day. This explains it most succinctly and I hope it helps you to stay out of this dangerous situation.
This includes retweets and links. If you exceed this limit, you will be in Twitter Jail for 1 to 2 hours. Don't tweet more than 1,000 times per day. If you exceed this limit, you will be in Twitter Jail until the following day.
- Unlike Gmail's Undo Send feature, which only gives you a few seconds to rethink your decision, Twitter DMs can be recalled at any time. On Twitter's web site, you can click the trash can icon on a DM to delete it from the recipient's inbox. Most Twitter apps have this feature built in too.
- If you delete the DM in question, the message disappears from both your outbox and recipient's inbox. There's no trace of it, code-wise at least. But if the recipient has already opened the regretful DM, you're obviously out of options.
- Go to twitter.com. Log in to your Twitter account with your username and password if you're not already.
- Open Direct Messages. Click the "Messages" tab at the top of the site.
- Open a conversation.
- Click on the check mark (✓) beneath your sent message.
- Check if your direct message has been read.
Updated: 29th August 2018