How many times can a power bank charge my phone?
The first factor is about how much capacity your device's battery is. Generally speaking, a good rule of thumb is to divide the mAh of 20000mAh power bank by the mAh of your device battery. So a 20000mAh power bank can “theoretically” charge an iPhone 6 plus from 1-100% 6.9 times (20000 / 2915 = 6.9).
The battery capacities for iPhone 6 is 1810 mAh, while it for iPhone 6 Plus is 2915mAh. Both of them have the build-in battery, so you can't just take it out and change another to support. The only way is to charge it by either charger or power banks.
- This is compared to 2915 mAH battery in the iPhone 6 Plus, about a 5% reduction. This mirrors the already-known battery capacity reduction in the 4.7 inch iPhone 6s, which has a 1715 mAH battery. This is also 5% smaller than the 1810 mAH battery in the iPhone 6.
- Point two depends on the quality of the controller circuitry and battery cells. A good Power Bank can hold charge for 3 to 6 months with minimal loss. Lower quality Power Banks may struggle to retain a useful charge more than 4 to 6 weeks.
- Wonderful though 3D Touch and the Taptic Engine are, Apple had to reduce the battery capacity from 1,810mAh to 1,715mAh to fit them in. It made the 6S slightly thicker and heavier, too, though not enough that anyone should care.
According to the data released by Apple, the iPhone 7 has a 1,960 mAh battery, which is slightly bigger than the 1,715 mAh battery in the iPhone 6s. The iPhone 7 plus has a 2,900 mAh battery, which is bigger than the iPhone 6s plus's 2,750 mAh battery as well.
- it takes 8 to 10 hours to fully charge 20000 mah power bank, if you have 2Amp of charger. my advice is to charge any power bank which is 5000 to 20000 with minimum 2amp of charger, it is best option and it keeps your power bank battery healthy and it last long.
- For comparison, know that the iPhone 6s had a 1,715 mAh cell. Moving on to the bigger iPhone 7 Plus, this employs a 2,900 mAh battery, which is 150 mAh more than what was found inside its predecessor, the iPhone 6s Plus.
- Larger the mAh, more capacity the portable charger will have for charging up smartphone, tablet or even Macbook. A good example is when you have a 20,000mAh power bank and another is only 3,350mAh . With no doubt, the larger capacity one is able to charge longer or higher capacity digital devices.
Updated: 2nd October 2019