Also know, which type of apples are best for apple pie?
- Find your favorite apple. The best baking apples offer a balance of sweet and tart flavors as well as flesh that doesn't break down in the oven.
- Jonathans and Jonagolds. You'll recognize Jonathans as deep red, classic apples, grown in many Midwest states.
- Granny Smith.
- Rome Beauty.
How do you cook apples for an apple pie?
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Melt butter and cinnamon over medium heat. Stir in apples, sugar & 3 tablespoons water.
- Cover and cook stirring occasionally for 4-6 minutes or until very slightly softened.
- In a small dish combine cornstarch and water.