How many forever stamps do I need to put on a manila envelope?
The postage required for a large envelope as of this answer (December 28, 2017) is $0.98 for the first ounce + $0.21 for each additional ounce. A Forever stamp is currently valued at $0.49 so you would need 2 Forever stamps for a 1 ounce legal-size envelope mailed within the USA.
First-Class Mail Flats/Large Envelopes (1 oz.) rates will increase 4 cents to $0.98 from $0.94 in 2016. Each additional ounce will cost an extra $0.21 (no change from 2016). Postcard rates will stay the same at $0.34.
- Generally speaking, you can mail 4-5 pages of regular paper, plus an envelope, for the regular first class (“one stamp”) rate. Heavier paper, rigid or oversized envelopes will cost more. You can get about 10 pages of standard page weight, plus an envelope, for the two ounce rate.
- USPS Forever Stamp Historical Prices
Date: Price: January 21, 2018 $0.50 January 22, 2017 $0.49 April 10, 2016 $0.47 January 26, 2014 $0.49
- USPS Rate Changes January 21, 2018
First-Class Mail Piece Previous Stamps.com Rates Stamps.com Rates as of 01/21/2018 First-Class Letter (1 oz.) $0.46 $0.47 First-Class Letter - each additional ounce $0.21 $0.21 Postcard $0.34 $0.35 First-Class Large Envelopes and Flats (1oz) $0.98 $1.00
Forever Stamps are currently worth 50¢ so, for instance, a two ounce flat 9x12 envelope would need $1.21 in postage … or three Forever stamps.
- Single Piece First Class Letter Rates by Weight and Size
Weight Large Envelopes Packages 5 ounces $1.84 $3.75 6 ounces $2.05 $3.75 7 ounces $2.26 $3.75 8 ounces $2.47 $3.75
- The postage required for a large envelope as of this answer (December 28, 2017) is $0.98 for the first ounce + $0.21 for each additional ounce. A Forever stamp is currently valued at $0.49 so you would need 2 Forever stamps for a 1 ounce legal-size envelope mailed within the USA.
- According to USPS.com, for an envelope to be eligible for mailing at the price for letters, a piece must be: Rectangular. At least 3-1/2 inches high x 5 inches long x 0.007 inch thick. No more than 6-1/8 inches high x 11-1/2 inches long x 1/4 inch thick.
Try us out for 4 weeks!
|Post Office/Retail Rates|
|Letters||2018 Postage Rates||2017 Postage Rates|
|First-Class Mail letter (1 oz.)||$0.50||$0.49|
|First-Class Mail letter - each additional ounce||$0.21||$0.21|
|First-Class Mail Flat/Large Envelope (1 oz.)||$1.00||$0.98|
- Priority Mail Flat Rate Products
Free Supplies8 Shipping Price Great for Small Flat Rate Box $7.05 commercial base $7.20 at Post Office (retail & online) Brochures Small Electronics Medium Flat Rate Box – 1 (top-loading) $12.85 commercial base $13.65 at Post Office (retail & online) Office Supplies Shoes
- On September 25, 2013, the USPS announced a 3 cent increase in the First Class postal rate, to be effective January 26, 2014, increasing the price of a stamp to 49 cents. Bulk mail, periodicals, and package service rates were also increased by 6 percent.
- The First-Class Mail Letter (1 oz.) retail rate will increase 2 cents to $0.49 from $0.47 in 2016. Each additional ounce will cost an extra $0.21 (no change from 2016). Flats/Large Envelopes.
Updated: 12th November 2019