This statistic contains data on the number of apps available for download in leading app stores as of the first quarter of 2018. As of that month, Android users were able to choose between 3.8 million apps. Apple's App Store remained the second-largest app store with 2 million available apps.
Regarding this, how many educational apps are there in the app store?
As of June 2015, there were over 80,000 educational apps available in the app store. It is difficult to say how many are truly educational, because developers have leeway to categorize their apps as they choose.
How many apps are added to the App Store daily?
Currently, there are 1,252,777 apps available in the App Store, and as many as 60 thousand apps are added per month – and this rate is itself growing. In 2013, 453,902 new apps were released in the Apple App Store, exceeding adjust's prediction of over 435,100 new apps by 4 percent.
Back in November 2014, the Windows Store and Windows Phone Store combined had over 500,000 apps. Then in September 2015, the company updated its Microsoft by the Numbers website with a not-so-round number: “There are 669,000 apps for phones, desktops, and tablets in the Windows Store.
Ask anyone carrying an iPhone or Android phone these days what makes their phones brainy and they'll quickly tell you, "It's the apps, dum-dum." Apple has a commanding lead over all other smart phone platforms with 230,000 and counting in the App Store. But Google's Android platform now claims 70,000.
The number of available apps in the Google Play Store was most recently placed at 3.6 million apps in March 2018, after surpassing 1 million apps in July 2013. Google Play was originally launched in October 2008 under the name Android Market.
How to download apps and games from the App Store in iOS 10 and older
- Tap the app or game you wish to purchase or download for free.
- Tap Get if it is free, or the price of the app if it is paid.
- Tap Install or Buy when the icon switches.
- Enter your Password or use Touch ID when prompted.
- Wait for the download to finish.
Fix 2 – Check Restrictions
- Open “Settings” from the Home screen.
- Tap “General“.
- Select “Restrictions“.
- Make sure “Apps” is set to “Allow all apps“. Older versions of iOS will show as “App Store” and you will want to set it to “On“.
- Tap the "Settings" icon on your home screen to open your iPhone's setting options.
- Touch "General" then tap to select "Restrictions."
- Enter your four-digit restrictions passcode.
- Move the slider beside "Installing Apps" until "ON" appears.
- Click the "Home" button to return to the home screen.
Jobs saw apps and app stores coming. Apps emerged from early PDAs, through the addictively simple game Snake on the Nokia 6110 phone, to the first 500 apps in the Apple App Store when it made its debut in July 2008.
Unfortunately, if you don't know this password, the only way to disable the password and reenable the App Store, Safari, iTunes, or Camera is to restore your iPhone back to factory settings using iTunes. Skip down to the next section if you have to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
First, try logging out and then log back into the App Store on your iPhone - that should fix it:
- Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store.
- Tap on Apple ID and Sign Out.
- Log in again using your Apple ID and password.
The App Store is a digital distribution platform, developed and maintained by Apple Inc., for mobile apps on its iOS operating system. The store allows users to browse and download apps developed with Apple's iOS software development kit.
There are now more than 700 million iPhones currently in use worldwide, according to an estimate from BMO Capital Markets analyst Tim Long.
Play Store is Google's official pre-installed app store on Android-certified devices. It provides access to content on the Google Play Store, including apps, books, magazines, music, movies, and television programs.
The company announced that it currently has over 600,000 apps and games in Google Play, almost as many as Apple, which has over 650,000 apps in the App Store. But Google did not reveal how many of those apps have been customized for tablet use – Apple has over 225,000 apps customized for the iPad.
How to set up a Genius appointment at an Apple Store
- Visit Apple Support or the Apple Support app.
- Select the device you want to fix.
- Select a category that your issue falls under.
- Select a topic.
- Click on Bring in for Repair.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
- Select a location.
- Select an Apple Store near you.
You can go to the Genius Bar without an appointment, but you may have to wait much longer to get service. You may want to collar some sales person as soon as you walk in, and assertively explain your problem to that person. I do think that the best option is to make an appointment, however.
Apple makes it a bit more difficult to make a Genius Bar
- Launch the Apple Store app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Tap on the Stores tab in the bottom navigation.
- It should find the closest store to you automatically.
- Tap on Genius Bar.
- Select the device you're having problems with.
- Choose a time you'd like to make your appointment for and then tap Select Day & Time.
iTunes for Mac: Use Genius Shuffle, Genius Playlists, or Genius Mixes. Genius Shuffle: If you can't decide what to listen to, just click a button. iTunes chooses a song and then plays songs that go well with it. Genius Playlists: Choose a song, and iTunes creates a playlist of songs that sound great together.
The Genius Bar is a tech support station located inside all but one of Apple's retail stores, the purpose of which is to provide concierge-style support for customers of Apple products. Ron Johnson, the former Senior Vice President for Retail, has often referred to the Genius Bar as the "heart and soul of our stores".
You can have “walk-in” appointments at the Apple Store. They allow that. However, they do strongly encourage you to have a Genius Bar appointment beforehand, as those appointments are generally treated with the highest priority, with walk-ins at the lower end of the priority spectrum.
If you have a problem with an Apple product you can book an appointment with an Apple Genius and take your product in to a store for them to attempt to fix. You can speak to an Apple Genius at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store. But in order to do so you will need to book an appointment with Apple in advance.