How long does it take to roast a whole eggplant in the oven?
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prick the eggplants with a fork, place on a baking sheet and roast until tender, about 30 to 40 minutes. Allow to cool. Cut in half, remove the flesh to a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, oregano, basil ,and parsley.
- Generously season each eggplant slice with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes on each side, until tender and slightly browned.
- Vegetables in the nightshade family contain anywhere from 2 to 13mg of solanine and eggplants contain 11mg at the most. So you would have to eat 36 raw eggplants to cause any harm. Therefore, there's no need to be concerned about eating reasonable amounts of raw eggplant. You should, however, be wary of green potatoes.
- Tap in the bread crumbs with your palm to get a good adherence to the surface. Shake off the excess crumbs and place breaded slices of eggplant on the baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes on each side at 375 degrees until the eggplant is tender.
- Transfer the eggplant as it is coated to paper towels and let it dry slightly. In a deep heavy skillet fry the eggplant slices in batches in 1/2 inch of 375°F. oil for 1 minute on each side, or until they are golden brown, and transfer them with tongs to paper towels to drain.
Heat oven to 475 degrees. Cut eggplants into 1-inch cubes. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss eggplant with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until browned and tender, about 25 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prick the eggplants with a fork, place on a baking sheet and roast until tender, about 30 to 40 minutes. Allow to cool. Cut in half, remove the flesh to a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Baba ganoush, an amazing roasted eggplant dip, is so simple to make. Serve with vegetables, sliced bread or baked pita chips.
- Peel the eggplant, and then cut into 3/4-inch slices.
- Combine butter, garlic salt, and Italian seasonings; stir well.
- Brush eggplant slices with butter mixture, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place eggplant on grill; grill over medium heat 10 minutes or until tender, turning and basting occasionally.
Updated: 2nd October 2019