How long does it take to cook chicken pieces in the oven?
Arrange the chicken pieces in the pan so that all the pieces are skin-side up, and the largest pieces (the breasts) are in the center of the pan. Don't crowd the pan; allow room between the pieces. 4 Bake first at high temp, then lower the temp to finish: Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 400°F (205°C).
Place the chicken skin side down on a rimmed baking sheet . Bake for 25 minutes. Remove chicken from oven and turn the temperature of the oven up to 425 degrees. Coat the top of the chicken with barbecue sauce using a basting brush.
- Tap or click steps to mark as complete
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Pour barbecue sauce over chicken in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 25 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lay the chicken legs out and give them a good sprinkling of salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a glass measuring cup measure out the honey, soy sauce, and ketchup. Add the minced garlic and stir.
- Put the chicken legs in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cover the grill and cook undisturbed for 20-30 minutes. 4 Turn over and baste with barbecue sauce: Turn the chicken pieces over and baste them with with your favorite barbecue sauce. Cover the grill again and allow to cook for another 15-20 minutes.
Season the chicken with seasoned salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully drain all fat from the pan. Pour the barbecue sauce over the chicken turning the pieces over to coat with the sauce (place skin-side up again in pan).
- Strictly, the chicken leg is the thigh (the upper part of the leg) and the lower leg. "Drumstick" is just the lower leg.
- Season the chicken with seasoned salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and carefully drain all fat from the pan. Pour the barbecue sauce over the chicken turning the pieces over to coat with the sauce (place skin-side up again in pan).
- Then lower the heat to 350°F (175°C) and bake for and additional 10-30 minutes more until the juices run clear (not pink) when poked with a sharp knife or the internal temperature of the chicken breasts is 165°F (74°C) and of the thighs is 170°F (77°C) when tested with a meat thermometer.
Combine BBQ sauce, peach preserves, garlic, and hot sauce in a medium saucepan and heat over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, or until nice and hot. Set aside. Drizzle olive oil on 2 rimmed baking sheets and place chicken thighs skin side down in the pans. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Thighs are so much more flavorful, with dark meat that doesn't dry out even with a little too much time or heat on the grill. And since they are boneless, they cooked in no time, about five minutes on each side over medium-high heat on the grill.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Arrange chicken thighs in a 9x13-inch pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth, garlic, rosemary and Italian seasoning; pour mixture over chicken and place lemon wedges on top and throughout dish. Bake for 25 minutes, turning chicken halfway through.
- I use 425 degrees by convection for about 30 minutes to a final internal temperature of 180-185 which is best for thighs. If no convection, cook still at 425 but it will take about 30-35 minutes but remember to cook to the final internal temperature.
Updated: 2nd October 2019