How long does it take to cook a stuffed chicken in the oven?
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) and cook whole (thawed) chicken for 10-15 minutes.
- Then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and roast for 20 minutes per pound. (Do not add the extra 15 minutes to the cooking time as with the regular method.)
Tap or click steps to mark as complete
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine stuffing mix and water in medium bowl. Let stand 5 min.
- Place chicken, top sides down, on cutting board; spread with stuffing mixture.
- Mix soup and milk; pour over chicken.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until chicken is done (165°F).
- Lightly spray the stuffed chicken breasts with vegetable oil and season with salt, black pepper, and paprika. Place in lightly greased 8 X 11.5 X 2-inch (2-quart) baking dish and bake in preheated 425°F oven 30 minutes or until chicken is to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket in each pork chop. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Fill each chop with about 1/3 cup stuffing mixture; secure with toothpicks if necessary. Place on a greased 15x10x1-in.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Video of the Day
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the stuffed chicken thighs, seam-side down, in a baking dish or rimmed baking sheet.
- Place the chicken in the oven and bake uncovered until the internal temperature reaches 165 F, about 40 minutes.
Updated: 25th November 2019