How long does it take to cook a 2.5 lb roast in a crock pot?
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper.
- Place half of the vegetables in bottom of slow cooker crock, top with roast, then add remaining vegetables and liquid.
- Cover and cook 5 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW.
Add in the onion and the carrots, as well as 3 or 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary and about 3 sprigs of fresh thyme. Put the lid on, then roast in a 275F oven for 3 hours (for a 3-pound roast). For a 4 to 5-pound roast, plan on 4 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Arrange roast and all vegetables in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish. Sprinkle with all remaining ingredients except water. Pour water over top. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350°F. for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender. Serve with pan juices.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The meat should be at room temperature for best results.
- Place pork in roasting pan.
- Sprinkle the top of the roast with sage, rosemary, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Bake for 50 minutes (25 minutes per lb).
- Low-and-Slow Method: After you salt and pepper the roast well, sear it, on top of the stove, for about seven minutes on each side, until you get a browned crust. Then place the roast, on a rack, in a relatively cool oven, about 250°. Cook the roast for 20 minutes per pound.
Add browned pork roast and remaining onion and other ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4 or so hours. (This is how long it takes in my Westbend slow cooker). Low setting would probably be 6-8 hours.
- What are the typical slow cooker food loads and their respective cook times?
Meat Cut Meat Weight Low Cook Time Large Pork Roast* 6-7 lbs 9 ½ hours Pork Loin 3-4 lbs 6 hours Poultry** 6 lbs 7 ½ hours Beef Roast 3-4 lbs 8 hours
- Slow Cookers – Times, Temperatures and Techniques
Meat Cut Meat Weight Low cook time Pork Loin 3-4 lbs 6 hours Poultry 6 lbs 7 1/2 hours Beef Roast 3-4 lbs 8 hours Stew meat 3 lbs 6 hours
- Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet. Pour water, wine, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat. Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible. Sprinkle with pepper, cover, and cook on low setting for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). If roast is untied, tie at 3 inch intervals with cotton twine. Place roast in pan, and season with salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Roast in oven for 60 minutes (20 minutes per pound). Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil, and let rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place dutch oven in a preheated 300 degree oven and cook for about 60 minutes per pound of beef. My 2 1/2 pound roast took about 2 3/4 hours to become tender and delicious. Add the potatoes to the pan about halfway through cooking. Cover the pan and continue baking until roast is tender.
- Return meat to pan, place remaining bay leaf on top of meat, and cover. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Reduce the heat to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C), and cook for 1 1/2 hours. Remove roast to a platter to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meat and Poultry Roasting Chart
Red Meat, Type Oven °F Timing BEEF, FRESH Beef, rib roast, boneless; 4 pounds 325 39 to 43 min/lb Beef, eye round roast; 2 to 3 pounds 325 20 to 22 min/lb Beef, tenderloin roast, whole; 4 to 6 lbs 425 45 to 60 minutes total
Updated: 21st September 2018