How long does it take to climb Humphreys Peak?
Hikers should be healthy and in good physical condition. Do not hike alone unless you are a seasoned experienced hiker. Expect the 9-mile roundtrip to take 8 to 10 hours depending upon hiking speed and number of stops. Although Humphreys Trail is open all year, snow cover can be quite heavy during the winter months.
The highest point in Arizona is Humphreys Peak, northwest of Flagstaff, at 12,633 feet above sea level. The lowest point in Arizona is the Colorado River, only 70 feet above sea level.
- Arizona has 194 named mountain ranges. The highest are along the southwest margin of the Colorado Plateau, including the volcanic San Francisco Peaks just north of Flagstaff and the White Mountains of the Mogollon Rim.
- Its United States Post Office is located at the highest elevation of any in the country. Alma, which is a town, did not take the title as highest incorporated city from Leadville, Colorado, as is commonly believed. Leadville is still the highest incorporated city in North America.
- The Sonoran Desert is a North American desert which covers large parts of the Southwestern United States in Arizona and California and of Northwestern Mexico in Sonora, Baja California, and Baja California Sur. It is the hottest desert in Mexico. It has an area of 260,000 square kilometers (100,000 sq mi).
List of highest United States cities by state
|Altitude||Name||State, District or Territory|
|10,200 feet (3109 m)||Leadville||Colorado|
|9800 feet (2987 m)||Brian Head||Utah|
|9321 feet (2841 m)||Taos Ski Valley||New Mexico|
|9062 feet (2762 m)||Fox Park||Wyoming|
- List of highest United States cities by state
Altitude Name State, District or Territory 10,200 feet (3109 m) Leadville Colorado 9800 feet (2987 m) Brian Head Utah 9321 feet (2841 m) Taos Ski Valley New Mexico 9062 feet (2762 m) Fox Park Wyoming
- Settlements below 4,700 metres (15,400 ft)
Altitude Name Comment 3,658 metres (12,001 ft) Lhasa, Tibet Population 216,663 (2010). 3,650 metres (11,980 ft) La Paz Population 758,845 (2012)Bolivian seat of government; the highest capital city in the world. 3,548 metres (11,640 ft) Sicuani Population 42,551 (2007).
- Here are the 10 most populated cities in the world, as reported by Time.
- New York-Newark, United States.
- Cairo, Egypt.
- Osaka, Japan.
- Mexico City, Mexico.
- Beijing, China.
- São Paulo, Brazil.
- Mumbai, India.
- Shanghai, China.
- Dead Sea
- Mount Whitney
- Mount Everest is called the world's highest mountain because it has the "highest elevation above sea level." We could also say that it has the "highest altitude." The peak of Mount Everest is 8,850 meters (29,035 feet) above sea level. No other mountain on Earth has a higher altitude.
Updated: 29th September 2018