How long does it take for Energizer rechargeable batteries to charge?
The charge time for the included 1300 mAh AA batteries is about five hours. The 11-hour timer is strictly a back-up safety feature in the event the charger doesn't turn off once the batteries are fully charged. The Value Charger will recharge any NiMH AA and AAA batteries.
In the first year, we would spend $77.70 on non-rechargeables. Simultaneously, we'd spend $148.74 on startup costs for our rechargeable batteries, plus $0.24 for recharging, giving a total cost of $148.98 for the rechargeables. Ouch – after one year, the non-rechargeables are way ahead, being $71.28 cheaper.
- We've rounded up the best ones on the market, so take a look to see which rechargeable battery pack works best for your gizmos.
- Amazon 16-Pack AAA.
- Panasonic 16-Pack Eneloop AA and AAA.
- AmazonBasics 850 mAh AA and AA.
- Energizer AAA 700mAh Power Plus.
- AmazonBasics 800 mAh AAA and AA.
- EBL AA and AAA.
- Q: How many times can a NiMH battery be recharged? A: Lower capacity rechargeable AA batteries of 1700 up to 2000mAh can be recharged up to 1000 times in overnight slow charge mode, while 2100 to 2400 mAh rechargeable batteries can be recharged up to 600 to 800 times in overnight slow charge mode.
- Single-use batteries have a finite life and need to be replaced. These include alkaline batteries like Energizer MAX® and lithium batteries like our Energizer Ultimate Lithium™ are good examples. Rechargeable batteries, of course, can be recharged again and again – some of them up to 1,000 times!
Updated: 19th October 2018