How long does deck paint last?
It won't last for more than a few years. On average, decks need to be stained again every other year. A quality, professional paint job will last longer than a quality, professional deck staining. However, an oil-based semitransparent stain can last for three to five years.
Pressure washing up to 500 square feet of driveway: $80. Pressure washing up to 1,200 square feet of driveway, sidewalk, curb and entryway/landing: $198 or 16.5 cents per square foot (any additional area requested costs 22 cents per square foot)
- Hertz Equipment Rentals does not offer a hot water pressure washer rental option. The only place that offered an electric pressure cleaner for hire was Home Depot so it is not included it was $35/day. The average cost to rent a hot water unit is $144/day. Average cost to rent heavy-duty gas is $99/day.
- Hiring a professional pressure-washer costs about $0.08-$0.35 per square foot (depending on local rates), but can go as high as $0.40-$0.80 a square foot depending on the amount and type of stains, dirt, mold or other problems.
- Rinse Siding. Turn off the pressure washer, and switch the tip on the wand to a general-use tip. A tip that delivers a 15-20 degree angle will provide a stronger pressure stream to effectively remove soap on the surface and dirt that has been loosened by the soap. Follow the same spray technique.
Painting your wood deck can be a great choice. Paint has quite a few benefits over the other finish options such as stain or sealer, but it may not be for you if you want a natural looking wood deck. Depending on the color (I have a white painted deck and it is NOT easy to clean), paint can be easy to clean.
- The maximum and minimum recommended temperatures for exterior paint vary depending on the type (oil or latex) and specific brand of paint used, but a general rule of thumb is that oil-based paint can be applied when the temperatures are between 40°- 90° F and latex between 50°- 85° F. The best drying will occur when
- Wet treated wood: The most common kind is still wet when you buy it. It'll be noticeably heavier than kiln-dried lumber. It may even “spit” at you when you nail it down. Let this lumber dry out (from a few weeks to six months, depending on the weather and the condition of the lumber) before applying any stain.
- Restore an old wood deck, even if it's worn, cracked and splintery. Simply paint it with a thick, acrylic deck restoration coating, which will create a smooth surface that lasts for years.
The cost of a professionally built pressured-treated wood deck starts at about $15 per square foot, including materials. The cost for an elaborately built deck using costly hardwoods or composite materials can run about $35 per square foot.
- It typically costs between $1 and $1.50 per square foot. Power washing, stain and seal – This is used for light maintenance, such as cleaning and sealing. Depending on the deck size and surface condition, it can cost between $0.50 and $1.50 per square foot.
- Hiring a handyman, carpenter or deck company to repair a deck can cost $100-$500 for simple repairs, and $500-$4,000 for extensive work such as replacing decking boards and railings, with an average of about $1,500-$2,600, depending on local rates, what needs to be done and who does the work, with a handyman typically
- According to our fence installation cost estimator, the average price to install a fence is $2,388. No matter your preferred type, most homeowners choose a six-foot privacy fence. The average minimum cost to install a six-foot privacy fence is $3 per linear foot, with the maximum coming in at $13 per linear foot.
Updated: 29th September 2018