How long do you cook chicken breast stuffed with stuffing?
Tap or click steps to mark as complete
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine stuffing mix and water in medium bowl. Let stand 5 min.
- Place chicken, top sides down, on cutting board; spread with stuffing mixture.
- Mix soup and milk; pour over chicken.
- Bake 25 to 30 min. or until chicken is done (165°F).
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) and cook whole (thawed) chicken for 10-15 minutes.
- Then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and roast for 20 minutes per pound. (Do not add the extra 15 minutes to the cooking time as with the regular method.)
- Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Place chicken breasts on a cookie sheet, and place about 3 tablespoons of the filling mixture in the center of each breast.
- Cooking tips
- Thaw frozen chicken slowly in your refrigerator, or thaw it faster by putting it in a leak-proof package or plastic bag and submerging in cold tap water.
- Bake a 4-oz. chicken breast at 350°F (177˚C) for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature is 165˚F (74˚C).
- Meat and Poultry Roasting Chart
Red Meat, Type Oven °F Timing BEEF, FRESH Turkey, whole; 325 30 min/lb Chicken, whole; 4 to 8 pounds 375 20 to 30 min/lb CAPON, whole; 4 to 8 pounds 375 20 to 30 min/lb
Updated: 25th November 2019