How long do you cook a whole chicken in the oven at 350?
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) and cook whole (thawed) chicken for 10-15 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and roast for 20 minutes per pound. (Do not add the extra 15 minutes to the cooking time as with the regular method.)
Bake on a baking sheet until cooked through, 35-40 minutes. Check out 9 totally different creative toppers for baked chicken breast! To bake bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, preheat your oven to 400°F and roast to an internal temperature of 165°F, about 35-40 minutes.
- Thaw frozen chicken slowly in your refrigerator, or thaw it faster by putting it in a leak-proof package or plastic bag and submerging in cold tap water. Bake a 4-oz. chicken breast at 350°F (177˚C) for 25 to 30 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature is 165˚F (74˚C).
- Arrange chicken thighs/leg quarters skin side up in a shallow baking dish. Drizzle about 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce on each piece. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes to an hour, until the skin is crisp and brown and the meat is ready to fall off the bones.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lay the chicken legs out and give them a good sprinkling of salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a glass measuring cup measure out the honey, soy sauce, and ketchup. Add the minced garlic and stir.
- Put the chicken legs in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
Meat and Poultry Roasting Chart
|Red Meat, Type||Oven °F||Timing|
|Turkey, whole;||325||30 min/lb|
|Chicken, whole; 4 to 8 pounds||375||20 to 30 min/lb|
|CAPON, whole; 4 to 8 pounds||375||20 to 30 min/lb|
- How Long to Cook a Whole Chicken
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds: Roast at 375 degrees F for 1 to 1-1/4 hours.
- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds: Roast at 375 degrees F for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours.
- 3-1/2 to 4 pounds: Roast at 375 degrees F for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours.
- 4-1/2 to 5 pounds: Roast at 375 degrees F for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- If you don't have a meat thermometer, here are a few general guidelines for cooking chicken breast.
- On the grill: Approximately 6 to 8 minutes per side over direct heat, 10 to 12 minutes per side over indirect heat.
- In the oven: Approximately 20 to 30 minutes when baking or roasting at 375 degrees F.
- Meat and Poultry Roasting Chart
Red Meat, Type Oven °F Timing BEEF, FRESH Turkey, whole; 325 30 min/lb Chicken, whole; 4 to 8 pounds 375 20 to 30 min/lb CAPON, whole; 4 to 8 pounds 375 20 to 30 min/lb
Updated: 4th December 2019