How long do you cook a roast at 350 degrees?
Cook at 350 degrees F for 20 for 25 minutes per pound. 30 minutes per pound at 350 degrees F until Internal Temperatures reaches 175 degrees F. OR Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes. Bake 12 to 15 minutes per pound at 325 degrees F to heat throughout.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Arrange roast and all vegetables in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish. Sprinkle with all remaining ingredients except water. Pour water over top. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350°F. for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender. Serve with pan juices.
- Meat and Poultry Roasting Chart
Red Meat, Type Oven °F Timing BEEF, FRESH Beef, rib roast, boneless; 4 pounds 325 39 to 43 min/lb Beef, eye round roast; 2 to 3 pounds 325 20 to 22 min/lb Beef, tenderloin roast, whole; 4 to 6 lbs 425 45 to 60 minutes total
- Place dutch oven in a preheated 300 degree oven and cook for about 60 minutes per pound of beef. My 2 1/2 pound roast took about 2 3/4 hours to become tender and delicious. Add the potatoes to the pan about halfway through cooking. Cover the pan and continue baking until roast is tender.
- Add water. Roast 25-30 minutes per pound, until meat is fork tender. Allow roast to sit for 10-15 minutes before carving. For roasting pans, cook at 325 ° Fahrenheit allowing 15-30 minutes per pound.
Give it 20 minutes' cooking at the initial temperature; after that turn the heat down to gas mark 5, 375°F (190°C) and cook it for 15 minutes to the pound (450 g) – this will give you rare beef. Add 15 minutes to the total cooking time for medium rare and 30 minutes for well done.
- Place the beef on top of the vegetables. Place the tray in the oven, then turn the heat down immediately to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 and cook for 1 hour for medium beef. If you prefer it medium-rare, take it out 5 to 10 minutes earlier. For well done, leave it in for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- How to cook beef roasting joint. Brown in a 230°C oven for 20 mins, turn down to 150°C and add a little water to the pan. Cook for 25 mins per 500g (add/subtract 15 mins for well done/rare). Rest for 15 mins under foil and add any juices to the gravy.
- The potential health problems associated with saturated fats have turned red meat, including roast beef, into a choice to be avoided, or at least limited. As long as you stay within daily calorie and fat goals, it can be part of your diet.
Bring the beef out of the fridge 1 hr before roasting.) Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5 and sit the joint in a snug-ish roasting tin. Roast for 12 mins per 450g/1lb (about 55 mins for a 2kg/4lb 8oz joint) for medium-rare, or 15 mins per 450g/1lb (about 1 hr 10 mins) for medium-well.
- Bring the beef out of the fridge 1 hr before roasting.) Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5 and sit the joint in a snug-ish roasting tin. Roast for 12 mins per 450g/1lb (about 55 mins for a 2kg/4lb 8oz joint) for medium-rare, or 15 mins per 450g/1lb (about 1 hr 10 mins) for medium-well.
- Put potatoes, carrots and onion on bottom of crockpot.
- Place the roast on top, fat side up.
- Pour in water or beef broth.
- Sprinkle chives, parsley, pepper and Onion Soup mix over the meat.
- Pour Worcestershire sauce and mushroom soup over meat.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Preheat oven to 220C or 200C fan-forced.
- Place crackling rind-side up onto a rack over a shallow baking dish. Brush well with oil.
- Roast for 40 to 50 minutes, or until small bubbles form on surface and rind is golden and crisp. Cool for 5 minutes, then cut into pieces with kitchen scissors.
Updated: 6th December 2019