A: DayQuil can be taken every four hours. Do not exceed four doses within 24 hours. A: DayQuil treats cold and flu symptoms for approximately four hours.
Subsequently, one may also ask, can you take DayQuil without food?
Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach. Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with DayQuil (acetaminophen, dextromethorphan, and pseudoephedrine liquid).
Can taking cold medicine give you diarrhea?
It's an ingredient in many cold medications, including Robitussin Maximum Strength and Vicks Formula 44. Cohen said medication side effects can include constipation, nausea, and abdominal pain. Also remember that some cough suppressants with the sweeteners fructose and sorbitol can cause diarrhea. Pseudoephedrine.
What are the side effects of Nightquil?
Common side effects may include:
- headache, sleep problems (insomnia);
- upset stomach, diarrhea or constipation;
- dry eyes, blurred vision, dry mouth or nose;
- mild dizziness or drowsiness, trouble concentrating;
- feeling restless or excited (especially in children); or.
- mild skin rash.