How long can you wear Desio contacts for?
Desio lenses are three month disposable lenses. You can wear them for three months, daily, from the time the original packaging is opened.
Solotica Hidrocor don't have a limbal ring and are most natural. shop Solotica Hidrocor. Solotica Natural Colours have a slight limbal ring on the outside of the lens and have black accents / pixels across the colourized area which make them look slightly darker from the distance.
- Your optician will be able to discuss with you what is best in your individual case, but as a general point, it's recommended that you wear your contact lenses for a maximum of 10-12 hours per day. Wearing your lenses for longer may cause your eyes to become uncomfortable, red and prone to infection.
- #1: Wearing contact lenses too long can make you go blind. Common problems that can result from leaving contacts in for too long include corneal ulcers, bacterial or fungal infections, and irritation caused by oxygen deprivation. These can all lead to complications that can cause blindness.
- Eyeglasses offer many benefits over contact lenses. They require very little cleaning and maintenance, you don't need to touch your eyes to wear them (decreasing your risk for eye infections), and glasses are cheaper than contact lenses in the long run since they don't need to be replaced as often.
Yes, colored contact lenses are safe — as long as your contacts are properly prescribed, used and cared for. It's essential that you visit your eye care professional for a proper contact lens fitting. If you wear colored contacts only on special occasions, daily disposables are a great option.
- Theatrical or novelty lenses are safe to wear — but only when they are properly prescribed and cared for, and purchased from a legitimate source. Putting the finishing touch to your Halloween costume is not worth a sight-threatening eye infection from improper contact lens use. (Read our Safety Checklist below.)
- Several extended wear lenses are FDA-approved for up to seven days of continuous wear, and at least two brands of silicone hydrogel EW lenses — Air Optix Night & Day (Alcon) and PureVision (Bausch + Lomb) — are approved for up to 30 days of continuous wear.
- It is illegal in the United States to sell any contact lenses — corrective or cosmetic — without a prescription, and no major maker of contact lenses in the United States sells circle lenses. The lenses give wearers a childlike, doe-eyed appearance.
Most of the Solotica lenses (apart from Solflex) last 1 year. However, this is only with proper care and attention. We do however recommend you changing them after 6 months.
- Anyway, you're in luck — there are several brands of extended wear contact lenses for astigmatism that are approved by the FDA for overnight wear, including Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism (Johnson & Johnson), Air Optix for Astigmatism (Alcon) and PureVision Toric (Bausch + Lomb).
- But I recommend that you do wear prescription glasses or contact lenses (or consider LASIK or other vision surgery to correct your astigmatism) if your vision is bothersome without corrective lenses. Also, even mild uncorrected astigmatism often causes headaches and eye strain.
- No, your vision generally doesn't deteriorate after cataract surgery unless other problems arise, such as macular degeneration or glaucoma. This can affect your vision. An eye doctor can use a laser to make the lens capsule clear again. Most people use glasses, at least some of the time, after cataract surgery.
Updated: 3rd October 2019