- Lose weight. A weight loss of 10 percent of your body weight will do wonders to lower your A1C.
- Decrease your food intake by eating 1/3 of what you normally eat.
- Know what your diabetes medications do; how they work.
- Test your after meal blood sugar and don't let it rise above 130-140.
Just so, what should I eat to lower my a1c?
- Move more. Try to get at least 30 minutes of exercise five days a week.
- Eat a balanced diet with proper portion sizes.
- Stick to a schedule.
- Follow your treatment plan.
- Check your blood sugar as directed.
What foods to eat to lower a1c quickly?