How high is the highest mountain in Colorado?
The Rocky Mountains are notable for containing the highest peaks in central North America. The range's highest peak is Mount Elbert located in Colorado at 14,440 feet (4,401 m) above sea level. Mount Robson in British Columbia, at 12,972 feet (3,954 m), is the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies.
- The Rocky Mountains are notable for containing the highest peaks in central North America. The range's highest peak is Mount Elbert located in Colorado at 14,440 feet (4,401 m) above sea level. Mount Robson in British Columbia, at 12,972 feet (3,954 m), is the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies.
- Highest major summits
Rank Mountain Peak Mountain Range 1 Mount Elbert Sawatch Range 2 Mount Massive Sawatch Range 3 Mount Harvard Sawatch Range 4 Blanca Peak Sangre de Cristo Mountains
- 20,310 feet
Pikes Peak is the highest summit of the southern Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, in North America. The ultra-prominent 14,115-foot (4,302.31 m) fourteener is located in Pike National Forest, 12 miles (19 km) west of downtown Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Hours of Operation
Dates Uphill Gate Opens Summit Closes May 26 through September 4 7:30 a.m. 7 p.m. September 5 through September 30 7:30 a.m. 6 p.m. October 1 to May 25 9 a.m. 4 p.m.
- Mount Whitney
- Its United States Post Office is located at the highest elevation of any in the country. Alma, which is a town, did not take the title as highest incorporated city from Leadville, Colorado, as is commonly believed. Leadville is still the highest incorporated city in North America.
Highest major summits
|Rank||Mountain Peak||Mountain Range|
|1||Mount Elbert||Sawatch Range|
|2||Mount Massive||Sawatch Range|
|3||Mount Harvard||Sawatch Range|
|4||Blanca Peak||Sangre de Cristo Mountains|
- At a mean elevation of 6,800 feet above seal level, Colorado has the highest mean altitude of the 50 states. Colorado's low point, 3,315 feet above sea level at the Arikaree River in Yuma County, is the highest low point in the nation and is higher than 18 state high points.
- In the mountaineering parlance of the Western United States, a fourteener is a mountain peak with an elevation of at least 14,000 feet (4267 meters). This is a complete list of the 12 fourteeners in the U.S. state of California with at least 300 feet (91.44 meters) of topographic prominence.
- Colorado Mountain Peaks. The statistics are impressive: 54 14,000-foot mountains, over 1,000 12,000-foot mountains, and more 10,000-foot mountains than we can count. In fact, there are so many mountains in Colorado entire libraries of books have been written on them.
Updated: 17th October 2018