How fast is the Honda Grom?
Although highway-legal in some states, the Grom is definitely not highway-advisable. Top speed is a claimed 56 mph. I achieved 62 mph just once—at full throttle, on a downhill, with a tailwind, in a full aero tuck.
What is the Honda Ruckus top speed? The top speed of the 50cc Ruckus is about 35 miles per hour. It goes 43mph downhill with a good tail wind. This scooter climbs hills much slower, as low as 25mph, but usually 28mph or 30mph.
- While the compact Grom may look like an oversized scooter or pit-bike, it is in fact street-legal and listed as a sportbike by Honda. The Grom is powered by a fuel injected, single-cylinder 125cc engine that has a four-speed gearbox and manual clutch.
- While Honda is yet to provide official fuel economy estimates, reports suggest gas mileage of around 100 mpg (2.3 L/100 km). Top speed is about 65 to 70 mph (104 to 112 km/h) on a flat road, but it would take a braver person than myself to take a Grom out on the freeway.
- With a top speed of 70mph the Honda CB125F is more than capable with keeping up in everyday city traffic. It can manage a staggering 107mpg and has a 310 miles range which is simply leagues beyond most other 125cc motorbikes.
|Also called||Honda Ruckus (NPS50)|
|Engine||49 cc (3.0 cu in), liquid-cooled, four-stroke, single|
- You don't need a license to purchase a scooter. You need one to take it for a test ride. Once you have purchased it, it is no longer the reponsibility of the dealer. A quick search suggests that in NC a 150cc scooter is a motorcycle, not a moped, and as such requires a motorcycle endoresement.
- Licensing and Registration for Your Moped or Scooter. Mopeds and scooters follow the same requirements as a New York motorcycle license. They require full registration, and the driver must have a valid Class 1 or Class M/MJ driver's license to operate them (depending on the class of vehicle as outlined above).
- Vespa GTS 300 IE Super
Make Model Vespa GTS 300 IE Wheelbase 1370 mm / 53.9 in Seat Height 790 mm / 31.1 in Dry Weight 158 kg / 348 lbs Fuel Capacity 9.2 L / 2.4 US gal
|Engine Type:||Liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Seat Height:||28.9 inches|
|Curb Weight:||194 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)|
- Car driving test passed before 1 February 2001. You can ride a moped (max 50cc) without L plates. If you want to ride a motorcycle over 50cc and up to 125cc you will need to take CBT. Once you have a valid CBT certificate you can ride a 125cc with L plates.
- If you have CBT on an individual basis, you'll usually meet with a CBT therapist for between five and 20 weekly or fortnightly sessions, with each session lasting 30-60 minutes. Exposure therapy sessions usually last longer to ensure your anxiety reduces during the session. The therapy may take place: in a clinic.
- In the United Kingdom, the term Compulsory Basic Training (abbreviated to CBT) is a preliminary vehicular training course which must be completed by people wishing to ride a motorcycle or moped unaccompanied on the road, and remains valid for 2 years upon completion.
Updated: 24th August 2018