Short of a few modified specials, the Ford Police Interceptor with the twin-turbo V6 is the quickest police car, pulling a 0-60 mph time in Michigan State Police tests of 5.66 seconds, compared to 6.04 seconds from the Dodge Charger with the 5.7-liter Hemi and 6.01 seconds for the new Caprice with the 6.0-liter V8.
Herein, what car can outrun the police?
Police cruisers definitely offer significant power (most squads drive Dodge Chargers and Ford Crown Victoria Inspectors), but these 11 new cars beat them every time.
- Ford Mustang GT.
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution.
- BMW M235i.
- Dodge Challenger w/Scat Pack Shaker.
- Nissan 370Z.
- Audi R8.
- Ford Focus ST.
- Chevy Camaro SS.
How fast can a car go on average?
The average modern car is limited to a top speed of around 120 mph, and the fastest can go about 200.
The 10 Cheapest New Cars of 2017
- Hyundai Accent SE ($15,580)
- Smart Fortwo ($15,400)
- Nissan Versa Note ($15,095)
- Kia Rio Sedan ($15,015)
- Ford Fiesta S Sedan ($15,005)
- Chevrolet Spark ($13,875)
- Mitsubishi Mirage ES ($13,830)
- Nissan Versa S ($12,855) In the case of the cheapest car of 2017, the Nissan Versa sedan, you indeed get what you pay for.
Here's our list of the 10 cheapest new cars you can buy right now, all of which are under $20,000.
- Toyota Yaris LE: $17,285.
- Kia Rio S: $16,100.
- Smart Fortwo Pure Coupe: $15,990.
- Fiat 500 Pop: $15,985.
- Mitsubishi Mirage G4 ES: $15,595.
- Hyundai Accent SE Sedan: $14,745.
- Nissan Versa Sedan S Plus: $14,130.
- Ford Fiesta S: $13,660.
The 10 Cheapest New Crossovers and SUVs of 2018
- A low price is just about the most enticing feature a new car can have.
- Chevrolet Trax LS — $21,995.
- Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES — $21,390.
- Mazda CX-3 Sport — $21,085.
- Ford EcoSport S — $20,990.
- Fiat 500X Pop — $20,990.
- Honda HR-V LX — $20,645.
- Hyundai Kona SE — $20,480.
Top 10 Least Expensive Trucks
- 2017 Toyota Tundra SR. $30,400.
- 2017 Honda Ridgeline RT. $29,475.
- 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Base. $28,205.
- 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 WT. $27,895.
- 2017 Ford F-150 XL. $26,540.
- 2017 RAM 1500 Tradesman. $26,145.
- 2017 Toyota Tacoma SR. $23,660.
- 2017 GMC Canyon SL 4x2 Extended Cab. $20,940.
You might also find the vehicle you're interested in offered through Edmunds.com's Price Promise® program.
- 2015 Nissan Frontier — $17,990.
- 2015 Chevrolet Colorado — $20,120.
- 2015 Toyota Tacoma — $20,765.
- 2015 GMC Canyon — $20,995.
- 2015 Ram 1500 — $25,410.
- 2015 Ford F-150 — $25,420.
- 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 — $26,105.
10 Cheapest Pickup Trucks
- Ram 1500 Tradesman — MSRP $26,145.
- Ford F-150 XL — MSRP $26,540.
- Chevrolet Silverado WT — MSRP $28,785.
- Toyota Tundra SR — MSRP $32,190.
- Chevrolet Colorado Base — MSRP $20,995.
- Toyota Tacoma SR — MSRP $23,660.
- Nissan Titan S Single Cab — MSRP not yet announced.
- Nissan Frontier S — MSRP $18,920.
If you're out cross-shopping full-size SUVs or pickups—or if you've done so in recent years—you might be familiar with an interesting showroom discrepancy: You can go to a Chevrolet dealership, then into a GMC dealership, and see two virtually identical trucks—same engine, same equipment, even same sheetmetal—only the
5 Best Small Trucks
- 2016 Toyota Tacoma. The Toyota Tacoma, which is redesigned for 2016, has long been at the apex of the small truck scene for several different reasons.
- 2016 Chevrolet Colorado.
- 2016 Nissan Frontier.
- 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
- 2016 GMC Canyon.
And based on their data, iSeeCars has deemed these workhorses as the longest-lasting vehicles on the road.
- Toyota Sequoia.
- GMC Yukon XL.
- Chevrolet Tahoe.
- GMC Sierra 2500 HD.
- Ford Expedition.
- Toyota 4Runner.
- 2. (
- Ford F-250 Super Duty. 4.2% of vehicles with over 200,000 miles on the road.
Pickup trucks traditionally don't get good gas mileage, but there are some cheap used trucks that can break away from that stigma with decent MPG.
- 2013 Toyota Tacoma. 2.7-liter inline-four.
- 2013 Dodge RAM 1500 HFE.
- 2015 Dodge RAM 1500 Ecodiesel.
- 2015 Ford F-150.
- 2015 Chevrolet Colorado.
- 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
- 2016 GMC Canyon.
25 Cars With the Best Gas Mileage in 2018
- 6) 2018 Kia Optima PHEV: 103 mpg-e/40 mpg comb.
- 5) 2018 Kia Niro PHEV: 105 mpg-e/46 mpg comb.
- 4) 2018 Chevrolet Volt: 106 mpg-e/42 mpg comb.
- 3) 2018 Honda Clarity PHEV: 110 mpg-e/42 mpg comb.
- 2) 2018 Hyundai Ioniq PHEV: 119 mpg-e/52 mpg comb.
- 1) 2018 Toyota Prius Prime: 133 mpg-e/54 mpg comb.
10 Most Fuel Efficient 4x4 Trucks
- 2017 Chevrolet Colorado 4WD Crew Cab Diesel. 23 mpg combined/20 mpg city/28 mpg highway.
- 2017 GMC Canyon 4WD Crew Cab Diesel.
- 2017 Chevrolet Colorado 4WD Gasoline.
- 2017 GMC Canyon 4WD Gasoline.
- 2017 Honda Ridgeline AWD.
- 2017 Toyota Tacoma SR 4x4 6AT.
- 2017 Toyota Tacoma SR 4x4 5MT.
- 2017 Ford F-150 4x4 2.7 EcoBoost.
Best Highway MPG
|Make & model||MPG|
|Toyota Prius V Three||47|
|Volkswagen Jetta (1.4T)||47|
|Ford Fiesta SE (3-cyl., MT)||46|
|Hyundai Sonata Hybrid SE||46|
Here are the things that I did to get better gas mileage from my full sized Chevy Silverado 1500 pickup.
- Clean The Fuel Injectors To Get Better Full Sized Chevy Truck Fuel Mileage.
- Keep Your Air Filter Clean.
- Keep Tires Inflated.
- Keep Your Foot Out Of It.
- Use A Programmer.
- Don't Use High Profile Tires.
Air filters need to be cleaned so that the engine can work at its peak performance. Your spark plugs are responsible for sparking combustion in your engine. If they misfire, or are working poorly, this can affect your gas mileage in a negative way. Having bad fuel injectors can cause bad mileage.
Larger tires can in fact, increase a vehicle's gas mileage if the vehicle is regularly traveling with consistent speeds over 60 miles per hour. Tire weight is certainly a significant factor in determining fuel economy but everything down to the tire's tread pattern can affect a car's gas mileage.
Do bikes with larger wheels go faster than ones with small wheels? Yes; provided the wheels are turning at the same RPM. You have to put proportionately more effort into turning a big wheel but it will go faster if you can keep it spinning at the same rate as a small one.
No speedometer can be 100 percent accurate. But, if a car is modified, its speedometer may need to be recalibrated. Changing tire size is one of the most common things car owners do that can affect speedometer accuracy. That's because larger tires cover more ground in one complete revolution.
If it is off, then it shows how many miles per hour it's off by. In some speed related cases, this speedometer calibration can be very helpful. You can get it calibrated at almost any auto mechanic shop. The cost is usually around $75.
While larger-diameter wheels and tires should improve handling and high-speed performance, lower-profile tires also tend to have a firmer ride and may be noisier than the smaller, standard rubber. Some potential performance benefits may be offset by the additional weight of the larger tires and wheels.