A: K1 Speed's 20-horsepower electric go-karts can reach speeds of up to 45 miles per hour – the fastest in the industry. The Junior karts can reach speeds of up to 20 miles per hour.
Correspondingly, how long does a Go Kart race last?
Races are 8 minutes long and start when the last kart leaves the pit area. Usually you can do 8 - 10 laps depending on how fast you go.
How do you drive a go kart?
Racing Tips & Tricks
- Make sure you're sitting correctly.
- Grip a symmetric grip on the wheel.
- Don't lose momentum.
- Stay straight for as long as you can.
- Keep the ride as smooth as possible.
- Avoid braking while turning.
- Don't apply the brake and accelerator simultaneously.
- Follow the leaders.
What is the minimum age for go karting?
All drivers need to be at least 48 inches tall, at least 6 years of age and be able to safely operate the karts. Racers under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign a minor release liability form. A: You will need to wear an approved safety helmet which Pole Position Raceway will supply.