How do you use the memo app?
Compose a Memo
- From the Home screen, swipe left.
- Touch Apps > Memo.
- Touch Create memo and type a memo. To change the category, touch Category. To insert an image into the memo, touch Image. To use your voice to insert text into the memo, touch Voice.
- When you finish creating the memo, touch SAVE.
Microsoft is now extending the reach of OneNote with an app for Android smartphones and tablets. The Android app further extends the reach of OneNote. It is already part of the Windows version of the Microsoft Office suite, and it is available on Windows Phone, iPhone, and on iPad.
- Invite people in mail
- Choose File > Share.
- Under Share with People, type the names or email addresses of people you'd like to share your notebook with.
- In the drop-down box on the right, choose whether each person can edit or just view your notebook.
- Add a personal note, if you'd like, and choose Share.
- Scroll down to and select Microsoft OneNote in the list of startup programs. Click the check box next to Microsoft OneNote to remove the check mark and prevent the program from launching when Windows starts. Click “OK” to save the Startup section changes and close the “System Configuration” window.
- Select your version of Microsoft Office in the list of installed software, and then click "Change." Click "Add or Remove Features" on the wizard that opens, and then click "Continue." Click the drop-down menu beside "Microsoft OneNote" on the "Installation Options" screen, and then select "Not Available."
The Best Apps for Taking Notes
|Microsoft OneNote||organizing thoughts, to-do lists, and projects|
|Google Keep||collecting images, drafting documents, and creating checklists|
|Zoho Notebook||visually organizing multiple note formats|
|Simplenote||taking notes without distraction|
- According to Simplenote's security center, your notes are encrypted when data is sent over the Internet during a sync, but your notes on the Simplenote servers are not encrypted. You can't encrypted selected text within a note, either.
- OneNote includes a handy conversion tool so you can change handwritten text into typed text. To convert handwriting to text, do the following: On the Draw tab, choose the Lasso Select button. On the page, drag a selection over the handwriting you want to convert.
- Evernote Web Clipper is a simple extension for your web browser that lets you capture full-page articles, images, selected text, important emails, and any web page that inspires you. Save everything to Evernote and keep it forever.
Select the Widget tab at the top of the screen. Swipe the screen from left to right to see the list of widgets. Once you find the ColorNote widget, long-press and drag it to the home screen. Choose the note you want to make into a sticky note.
- Create a reminder
- Open the Google Calendar app .
- In the bottom right corner, tap Create Reminder .
- Type your reminder, or choose a suggestion.
- Tap Done.
- Choose a date, time, and frequency.
- In the top right, tap Save.
- You'll see the reminder in the Google Calendar app.
- To access the Applications folder, go to the Finder by clicking the Finder icon in the Dock (it's usually the first icon on the left side of the Dock), or by clicking in a blank area of the Desktop. From the Finder's Go menu, select Applications.
- To delete an app that didn't come from the Mac App Store, delete it from your Applications folder in Finder:
- To open your main Applications folder, choose Go > Applications from the menu bar.
- To open the Applications folder in your Home folder, choose Go > Home, then double-click Applications.
Updated: 28th September 2018