How do you use hair serum?
Do not towel dry your hair before you apply serum. Hair experts say that it is best to apply hair serum directly to wet hair. Use 1-2 drops of serum on medium length hair. Rub the serum between your palms well, and then evenly distribute onto the midsection and ends of hair.
Unlike coconut oil, which penetrates the cuticle and makes changes to the hair structure temporarily, hair serum, which is silicon based only coats the surface of your hair. It makes the hair reflect more light, thus making it shine more, and protects it from external factors such as dust, heat and humidity.
- Face serums are lightweight moisturizers that penetrate deeper to deliver active ingredients into your skin. Celebrity makeup artist Kristofer Buckle believes that using a serum regularly can give your skin a firmer, smoother texture, make pores appear smaller and increase moisture levels.
- Hair gel is a styling product designed to create movement and hold hair in place. It can also be used to slick hair back or tame flyaway pieces. And seeing as it's not just for men, we tell you ladies how to use it. Styling gels are great way of adding texture, body and shine and can be found in different strengths.
- New Livon Serum is a hair essential for damage protection. It controls frizz, eases out tangles and reduces breakage to give you silky, shiny hair. Unlike the earlier Livon Silky Potion, New Livon Serum is designed to be so lightweight that you don't feel it at all once applied.
Best Hair Serums For Dry Hair
- Streax Pro Vita Gloss Hair Serum.
- Marico's Hair & Care Silk-n-Shine Leave-in Conditioner.
- The Body Shop Grapeseed Glossing Serum.
- Schwarzkopf Osis+ Anti-Frizz Shine Serum.
- Livon Serum.
- L'Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Smoothing Serum.
- St. Botanica Moroccan Argan Hair Serum.
- Matrix Biolage SmoothProof Smoothing Serum.
- Follow the steps below to know how to use hair straightening cream at home.
- Your hair should be clean before using these creams.
- Take a small amount of cream in your hand and spread it on your palm.
- Brush your hair using a shampoo brush.
- Now section your hair into 3-4 sections and secure them with pins.
- 10 Best Heat Protectant Products
- Sebastian Professional Stylbrid 9.
- Redken Hot Sets 22 Thermal Setting Mist.
- Paul Mitchell Heat Seal.
- Aussie Hair Insurance Heat Protecting Shine Spray.
- Matrix Biolage Thermal Active Setting Spray.
- Tresemmé Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray.
- Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.
- The heat from the pressing comb, combined with grease/oil would help straighten the hair. Today, many stylists are opting for a silk press, in which titanium or ceramic flat irons are use to “silk out” the hair or straighten it.
“Serums should be applied twice daily. They are the first products that should be applied to the skin after cleansing and toning. A sunscreen should be applied over the serum in the morning and a moisturizer appropriate for an individual's skin type should be used over the serum at night.”
- You can think of toners and essences as prep before the main treatment: serum, an ultraconcentrated essence designed to target your skin concern, whether that's dark spots, large pores, wrinkles or acne. Follow it up with your moisturizer and SPF.
- It is a well-known fact that moist skin can better absorb topical products than dry skin. Dr. Zalka says that “toners are not necessary, but they can be a great adjunct to a skincare regimen for those that need help with oily skin or markedly plugged pores. My main use for toners are in my acne patients.”
- Facial Toner: Wet a soft cotton ball with chilled rose water and dab it on cleansed skin. Its mild astringent properties help tighten the pores and gently tone the skin. Goodbye Acne: "Mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice with 1 tbsp rose water, apply it on acneic skin and let it stay for 30 minutes.
Updated: 20th September 2018