To type a lowercase character by using a key combination that includes the SHIFT key, hold down the CTRL+SHIFT+symbol keys simultaneously, and then release them before you type the letter. For example, to insert the euro currency symbol , press 20AC, and then hold down the ALT key and press X.
Considering this, how do you type special characters on a laptop?
- Find Alt code. Numeric Alt codes for symbols are listed in Alt codes list.
- Enable Num Lk . You may need to simultaneously press ["FN" and " Scr Lk "] keys.
- Hold down "Alt" key. Some laptops require you to hold both "Alt" and "FN" keys.
- Input Alt code of symbol on Keypad.
- Release all the keys.
How do you do Spanish accents on a laptop?
The spanish keyboard is almost the same as an English keyboard except with a few additional shortcuts:
- To type an accented character, type an apostrophe ('), followed by the letter.
- To type ñ, tap the semicolon (;) key.
- To type ¡, tap the equal sign (=) key.
- To type ¿, hold down shift and tap the equal sign (=) key.
How do I find special characters on my keyboard?
- Ensure that the Num Lock key has been pressed, to activate the numeric key section of the keyboard.
- Press the Alt key, and hold it down.
- While the Alt key is pressed, type the sequence of numbers (on the numeric keypad) from the Alt code in the above table.
- Release the Alt key, and the character will appear.