- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy and safety.
- Tap Location.
- If necessary, slide the Location Switch right to the ON position, then tap Agree.
- Tap Locating method.
- Select desired locating method: GPS, Wi-Fi, and mobile networks. Wi-Fi and mobile networks. GPS only.
So, how do you turn on GPS on iPhone 4?
- From the Home screen, navigate: Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- Tap the Location Services switch to turn on or off .
- Tap Share My Location.
- Tap the Share My Location switch to turn on or off.
- Tap the Back arrow (upper-left) to return to the previous screen.
How do I use the GPS on my iPhone?
- Open Maps and enter your destination in the Search bar.
- Tap Directions.
- Choose Drive, Walk, Transit, or Ride.
- Select the route that you prefer. Maps shows the fastest route first based on traffic conditions.
- When you're ready, tap .
- To end navigation, tap , in the bottom-right corner. Then tap End Route.
Can I use my iPhone GPS without a data plan?