- Remain indoors until you're told it's safe to come out. Keep the radio on and stay inside until you learn the danger has passed and you're free to go outside.
- Stay away from areas with heavy ash fall.
- Clear ash from your home and property.
- Get medical care if necessary.
Also question is, how can people be safe during a volcanic eruption?
What happens before and after a volcanic eruption?
What are the things to do after a volcanic eruption?
- Listen to your local radio stations for civil defence advice and follow instructions.
- Stay indoors and away from volcanic ashfall areas as much as possible.
- When it is safe to go outside, keep your gutters and roof clear of ash as heavy ash deposits can collapse your roof.