- Type a number in cells C1 and D1. For example, a 5 and a 3.
- In cell E1, type an equal sign (=) to start the formula.
- After the equal sign, type C1-D1.
- Press RETURN . If you used the example numbers, the result is -2. Notes:
In respect to this, how do you make a subtraction formula in Excel?
- Formulas in Excel always begin with the equal sign ( = );
- The formula is always typed into the cell where you want the answer to appear;
- The subtraction sign in Excel is the dash ( - );
- The formula is completed by pressing the Enter key on the keyboard.
How can you subtract?
- Write down the problem.
- Turn the whole number into a fraction with the same denominator as the fraction.
- Rewrite the problem.
- Subtract the numerators of the fractions while keeping the denominator the same.
- Write your final answer.
How do I subtract a percentage in Excel?