- HOW TO START A RESEARCH PAPER? CHOOSE A TOPIC.
- FIND INFORMATION. Surf the Net.
- MAKE YOUR THESIS STATEMENT. Most research papers normally require a thesis statement.
- MAKE A RESEARCH PAPER OUTLINE.
- ORGANIZE YOUR NOTES.
- WRITE YOUR FIRST DRAFT.
- REVISE YOUR OUTLINE AND DRAFT.
- TYPE FINAL PAPER.
What should be in an introduction of a research paper?
An introduction should announce your topic, provide context and a rationale for your work, before stating your research questions and hypothesis. Well-written introductions set the tone for the paper, catch the reader's interest, and communicate the hypothesis or thesis statement.
What should be included in an introduction?
The introductory paragraph should also include the thesis statement, a kind of mini-outline for the paper: it tells the reader what the essay is about. The last sentence of this paragraph must also contain a transitional "hook" which moves the reader to the first paragraph of the body of the paper.